Vortex Razor HD LH, whats up?

Greg Duerr

I was considering buying that new Vortex Razor HD LH and noticed that on the Optics for sale and other places I looked at, seems there are a lot of guys trying to unload them. For being a pretty new offering, way to many.
I was at the Sheep show in Reno a few weeks back and Talked to A Custom Rifle Smith and asked why he does not offer his Rifle with Vortex Scopes. He told me that they did but had to send way to many of them back for repairs so stopped offering them.
The Razor HD LH in my opinion is the only scope Vortex offers that balances out a Walking Hunting Rifle. In my humble opinion the others are just way way to heavy not something I would consider. The only reason I considered the Razor is the 40% off Military Discount.

Just a Curious thought

Plus I have a sort of Good Friend that told me not to waste my money on a Leupold because Vortex is a much better scope. I ask if that was because he had issues with Leupold in the Past? Nope never owned on he said. ???

I had one and it was a decent scope for the price. My main gripes (*i knew this going into the purchase) was the lack of a zero stop and the turrets are "mushy"

If you are not a turret twister I think you will like the scope, the glass is good...but those 2 sticking points turned me off from it. It did however track true for me on my limited use with it (somewhere around 200 rounds)

40% off or like you said the price you can pick one up used it would be hard to beat, again depending on our intended purpose with it

I was told by Vortex that the Razor HD LH had a O stop on the Elevation Turrent but someone mentioned that it did not....................Does it.

Mine did not include any sort of ZS or shims they use on other product lines. Of course it might be possible a ZS of sorts was eventually added to the scope as it matured. But I can say for 100% mine did not

Mine is one of my favorite scopes, the glass is great on mine. I would prefer a ZS but for the price it's hard to beat in it's weight class.

So far I am very pleased with mine, However the turrets are a little soft but track true!

I'm very pleased with mine. I bought it because of the Mil discount
So figured not much to lose and was pleasently surprised.

I like mine so I bought a 2nd one, haven't checked it out yet, turrets are mushy but track great and zero stop would be great and excellent glass.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.