Vortex Razor HD AMG

The lighter weight and the good reputation of the Gen II Razor were enough to convince me to give the AMG a try. Time will tell whether the pre-order was a good choice or not.

just hoping that time is more like summer than fall...

I gotta disagree with you, I competed with a 624i for awhile and it's not even in the same league as the AMG. The 30mm tube was done for weight and with the glass as good as it is, it doesn't hurt this scope optically at all. When you put your hands on one, you can put them side by side and see for yourself, the AMG is a far superior scope.

I have one on order from right after SHOT but have not received it yet. I saw on another forum that Vortex associate says they are still on schedule for this summer but have been unable to find anything more definitive about timing.

I've been kicking around the idea of the AMG and the gen 2. The American made AMG is wearing on me. How do the two compare to each other? I realize they have different magnification ranges and nearly 10 oz. weight difference. Is the glass better on either? Turrets? Etc??? ... Pricing structure is the same, availability on the AMG, I hear is supposed to be June ( I'm resisting the urge to put a roll eyes smiley here) any more thoughts or just buy the thing test and find out? Anyone have first hand testing experience?

Still have not received mine, which is supposed to drop ship direct from Vortex when ready.

Thread on another forum indicates initial orders should start coming out shortly but nothing specific. (Reminds me of my time in Nigeria and their saying "anytime from now".) The other forum also has a recent review should you care to google it up.

You might find this link interesting: Catalog Quick Order - Item(s) Found : Cabela's

Probably about as likely to get a new AMG quickly as the Federal 210M primers I ordered from Cabelas in Oct 2015 and got last week. The price looks attractive but most people get to pay sales tax with Cabelas.

A few things I find interesting, price is down an extra $300 (no complaints there ) one of the reviewers (from May) bought one 3 months ago and likes it, and it's listed as an AMR.... Also 3-4 weeks expected delivery time. :rolleyes:

FYI : Midway USA now lists the MRAD version of the AMG with an expected arrival date of 22 July, with a back order option. The MOA version has no back order option and simply says coming soon.
Not trying to promote Midway, but seems to confirm that the AMG initial release date may be not too distant.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.