Vortex Razor AMG Experiences

Trumperman have you seen Z Comp Optics? New scopes launching at Shot, with Jeff Huber and an experienced team behind the helm. All components are austrian made with schott glass, assembled in the U.S. 5-27X56 at 37oz and 15" and a 4-20x50 that's 12.8" long and 34oz.
I saw those. Intriguing, I didn't see a price on their website. They openly say they were not out to create a bargain scope, so I wonder what the price point will be. So many different choices out there these days with scope manufacturers.
Yeah that's the bummer about Vortex they have the best warranty in the business, because you have to use it.
I sent in so many HSLR's to Vortex I honestly can't remember if it was 3 or 4. I still like the AMG, and I definitely like the made in the USA component.

I saw those. Intriguing, I didn't see a price on their website. They openly say they were not out to create a bargain scope, so I wonder what the price point will be. So many different choices out there these days with scope manufacturers.

Price hasn't been announced yet, Nick at the hide is relaying info for them as he's on their team. I don't expect them to be cheap but my premise on them being less than TT/S&B/Kahles is that they're new. It's likely wishful thinking but if they come in at the same price as an S&B ultra short and the 5-27 is right up there with everything else what will be the point? I'd think to make some leeway into the market they'll have to try and undercut the market leaders at this point. If they can field it for 2500$ i'll be an early adopter without doubt.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts