Vortex Razor HD AMG

We just got in one of the MOA AMG's. I took it outside and viewed some object ranging from 150-700 yards. Great clarity and resolution, sharp image from edge to edge. I have two of the 5-20 Razors and two of the 4.5-27 Gen II's and I can't wait to get one of these for myself, it is very a impressive optic.

I stopped by A&A Optics today, and they have the MOA version in stock as of a few hours ago.

765-580-0986

I received my MOA version of the AMG in September and like it a lot. I also have a NF F1 ATACR 5x25 and a BEAST. I don't think the AMG gives up anything to the other two on glass. I like the AMG reticle better than the MOAR reticles and it is nice not to have the ocular piece rotate when using variable power. I like the NF scope caps, power throw lever and turrets better on the ATACR than the AMG. All in all though, if I were building another hunting rifle, I would probably go with another AMG at this point as I like the size, weight and cost advantage of the AMG. (I'm a NF fan though and would also give the NF F1 ATACR 4x16 a look too)

I've been running the AMG on my 338 RUM since last August. Overall I love this scope. Just last year this setup shot a bull at 800 yds, three cows at 610, 490 & 380 and a nice black bear at 320 yds. The FFP reticle was great.

Also used the illuminated reticle when I shot the bear since it was almost dark and down low in the creek bottom of a big canyon and light was scarce.

I hunted hard with this scope through all sorts of nasty dark timber and thick oak brush loaded in my Kifaru gun bearer and the locking turrets were awesome to prevent any accidental rotation of the turrets. Not sure there's a scope out there that can outperform this scope considering all the features it has at only 28.8 ounces.

But, I am looking real hard at the new VX-6HD 3-18x50 w/ the new MOA impact 29 illuminated reticle. I already have the original VX-6 3-18x50 TMOA but am going to put it up for sale soon just to upgrade. The only thing the VX-6HD gives up is an FFP reticle but it's a full 1/2 lb lighter than the AMG.... but I digress.

If you're considering the AMG, it has been an all around great scope for me.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.