Vortex Razor HD AMG vs Leupold VX-6HD

jd126

Has anyone compared these two scopes side by side? This will be for a rifle geared towards hunting with an effective range out to 800 yards. I currently have the VX-6HD but am thinking of swapping it out with the AMG to get back to what I am more familiar with, a usable reticle in MRAD and the FFP. I understand the differences on the spec sheet so looking for hands on experiences. Thanks

curious about this as well. Currently considering a vx5hd to put on one rifle and a AMG razor on another, but if I really love the amg i'm worried I'll end up wishing I had just gotten two of them

Have used both, but not at the same time and place. I'll put my stock in the AMG. excellent glass, excellent mechanics and great reticle. the company stands behind their gear, even if you dn't ever use the warranty. I run the AMG on several different rifles and use it out to distance regularly. I feel like I'd need to spend a whole lot more money before I could see a noticeable difference in either function or optical quality. The AMG scopes are good to go, don't feel bad about getting one.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.