Vortex Razor Gen III

Coyote Shadow Tracker

LRH Sponsor
Just had UPS pull up in the driveway. Received our second Razor Gen III. We purchased one in the beginning of the year and then this one in the beginning of May. It was on backorder for three months. Had to get one for Jill and one for me. Can't wait to mount it and see how it is. We lent our other new Gen III and a Gen II to a LRH member to compair and get an idea on the quality of the new Razors.
Now will get a chance to compair the Gen III to The NF Atacr 7x35. Also see since this is the latest Razor Gen III if Vortex made any changes in the turents.
Going to use the NF Atacr and Gen III for ELR and "F" Class.
Hopefully get to the range next week and will post a review.
Now need to sell some other scopes and a rifle or two.
Len and Jill

Last edited:
Does anyone know where this particular line of the Vortex scopes is made? I don't think the US, right?
Philippines or are these some of the scopes still made in China?

Thanks

Just had UPS pull up in the driveway. Received our second Razor Gen III. We purchased one in the beginning of the year and then this one in the beginning of May. It was on backorder for three months. Had to get one for Jill and one for me. Can't wait to mount it and see how it is. We lent our other new Gen III and a Gen II to a LRH member to compair and get an idea on the quality of the new Razors.
Now will get a chance to compair the Gen III to The NF Atacr 7x35. Also see since this is the latest Razor Gen III if Vortex made any changes in the turents.
Going to use the NF Atacr and Gen III for ELR and "F" Class.
Hopefully get to the range next week and will post a review.
Now need to sell some other scopes and a rifle or two.
Len and Jill
Over the years, and there have been many I have used a lot of different scopes by many different manufactures, both mainline as well as some obscure names that I sometimes hear mentioned here. Several years ago, when working in the firearms department at Cabela's I got put in charge of the scopes primarily since nobody else knew anything about them other than to look through them. I discovered Vortex scopes. This was, at least for me significant since they are located 48 miles from my front doorstep. I was able to compare any scopes I wanted to, Leupold, Nikon, Nightforce, and Swarvorski, Bushnell and many others side by side to include optics, features and prices. To my old eyes, which have had the opportunity to look through the above as well as Redfields, and others that are no longer made (yes I have outlived many manufacturers) and based on the clarity, features available and especially price and warranty it's hard to beat a Vortex.

I have them on all of my rifles now, from the .22's to the 300 WM. I do have to admit that I did have an issue with one of my Diamondback Tactical 6 x 24 x 50 scopes. I was on the range shooting sub MOA groups from my Tikka T3x 30-06 to the next shot being 12 inches high and 6 to the left, the following shot 5 inches high and 8 inches right my old Blonde mind said, "There is a problem here and let's not waste any more ammo here trying to figure it out. Took the rifle and scope out to Vortex in Barneveld and let them take a look at it. There had been a failure of the parallax adjusting mechanism. I brought in a Version I and left there with a band new Version III mounted and bore sighted. Took it out to the range and was 4 inches high and 2 right, zeroed the rifle and shooting way sub MOA ever since. I am a firm believer in Vortex quality as well as their customer service. Yes I live close by which is a big plus I cannot fault them on their warranty. I have had to send Bushnells, Redfield's Nikon and Leupold's in for repair and waited weeks to months to get them back. I cannot attest to those mailed in to Vortex for repair, but I am sure they receive the same care and attention that I received as a walk in, with the exception of being put in line as received. I am sure that there are some of you who have not had the same experience as I have had and for sure will let me know about it. Regardless of others experiences I find that Vortex customer service and warranty to be the best in the business for quality products in all price ranges.

We just got one in the shop and I have been pretty impressed! The new reticle is not quite as busy as the 7C so you can spot shots easily. I shot a centerfire match on Saturday and then put it on my 22 Sunday. I was very impressed with how will you could see the 22 fly down range. Almost like watching trace with a centerfire but you were actually watching the bullet. Overall I was pretty impressed!