Vortex Viper PST Gen 2 or Razor Gen 1?

The thing I'm contemplating is the clarity.... I have a couple Zeiss HD5's and their clarity is unreal. I think Im going to be unsatisfied when the Vortex gets here... Any thoughts on folks that have compared the 2??

Comparing Vortex to Zeiss is not fair. Zeiss glass is as good as it gets. The Razor has good glass but not comparable to Zeiss.

The thing I'm contemplating is the clarity.... I have a couple Zeiss HD5's and their clarity is unreal. I think Im going to be unsatisfied when the Vortex gets here... Any thoughts on folks that have compared the 2??

Bwhitty, I don't have the Zeiss but I started out with two Viper PST scopes and thought they were very clear. I then put a Schmidt & Bender PMII on my newest rifle and it was a lot brighter and more much more clear. Don't get me wrong the Viper PST are still good and that is why I have a gen II on order but the difference between them and the S&B is significant. I would imagine similar results when comparing the Zeiss to the Viper PST.

Bwhitty, I don't have the Zeiss but I started out with two Viper PST scopes and thought they were very clear. I then put a Schmidt & Bender PMII on my newest rifle and it was a lot brighter and more much more clear. Don't get me wrong the Viper PST are still good and that is why I have a gen II on order but the difference between them and the S&B is significant. I would imagine similar results when comparing the Zeiss to the Viper PST.

Thanks JW. I'm going to keep mine on order. There are a lot of features on this new PST Gen 2 that I wish the Zeiss's had.

With the updated 2-4 month wait for the Viper PST Gen II I ended up switching my order up and have a Burris XTR II 4-20x50mm with Horus 59 reticle coming instead. I was able to get a great deal on it and it wasn't much more than the price of the PST Gen II.

I'm going to be getting a razor gen 1 to replace my vortex viper, as I can get the razor for a very good price, and weight is not a concern on the rifle it's going on. The gen II PST would have been my choice, but I think the razor will have better glass and the extra adjustment is nice.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.