Viper PST,anyone?

I bought a 6.5-20x44 mil dot Vortex Viper PA(NOT PST). Im pleased with it but didn't want to wait for the PST. When the scope becomes avalible i'd love to get one!

It seems in the gun industry theres a large back order on lots of things. :(

Tell me about snake. I noticed that alot of places are out of bullets. Especially Hornady. I have been watching for 87 gr. V-Maxs for my .243. No one will have them until end of March. And it's not just bullets. It is also other stuff you would think that should be in stock.

Jason

Got mine today from midway. Ordered it last month. Very nice. Haven't got it mounted yet but so far I'm impressed with the feel and build of the scope.

Tell me about snake. I noticed that alot of places are out of bullets. Especially Hornady. I have been watching for 87 gr. V-Maxs for my .243. No one will have them until end of March. And it's not just bullets. It is also other stuff you would think that should be in stock.

Jason

its a bummer...were all in the same boat unless you want to shoot only .22lr! I got plenty of it.

I got my Viper from OPTICSPLANET.COM

down side to the site is that it didn't tell me its on backorder and it seems like everything is in stock. I orignally ordered a PST and it wasn't instock even though it said it was! Sooooo....I couldn't wait and ordered a Viper PA 6.5-20x44 and sunshade for it. Its good,but not what i need on a .338 Edge. maybe a .223-.308 500-600yrd gun.

I'm waiting for Vortex to ship my new improved 6-24x50 PST FFP MOA scope. They e-mailed me a return postage sticker to send my first run scope back which I did. I expect it will be at my door shortly. :)

joseph

I like it a lot. I like it better than the 4-16--the optics are noticeably better. I haven't compared it next to a NF yet but I'd guess it's close enough to make people think really hard given the price difference. Especially for those who want high power FFP which NF doesn't offer yet, or want less weight, or better illumination control.

The SFP reticle is very thin. Also if you want SFP keep in mind the 6-24 Sightron SIII will be available with an MOA reticle and better turrets soon. The two of those side by side would make for a very interesting comparison.

What reticle and power range did you guys get. I'm waiting to get my hands on one. So I am trying to figure out which reticle to go with. I am leaning towards MOA for they are finer in adjustment. Just curious what guys are getting with their scopes.

Jason

I have both the 4-16 and 6-24 FFP Mil/Mil. For those interested, here are a couple pics of the 6-24's thick, stubby FFP reticle :D :

PICT0107.JPG

PICT0105.JPG

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.