Video of Bryan Litz talking Load Development and Reloading Practices

He also made mention that seating depth mattered more to him than powder charge. I've never seen dramatic results from seating depth test but I'm going to investigate them in more detail now.

This is a seating test shot at 200yds , IMO it's normally worth the time for me to do the seating test to ( tune ) a load

Attachments

• 939BA0B1-D852-425B-9D88-B3998F9759AD.jpeg
    939BA0B1-D852-425B-9D88-B3998F9759AD.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 125
I still have the most dramatic and immediate results with a seating depth test. Initial depth testing starts at .010" off lands and increases by .030" incrementally to .130". Like in your depth test, it is easy to see groups shrink, grow or both as I move through the rounds. .030" is a big jump but it gives immediate results that can be fine tuned later after a long range ladder test for powder charge.

I still have the most dramatic and immediate results with a seating depth test. Initial depth testing starts at .010" off lands and increases by .030" incrementally to .130". Like in your depth test, it is easy to see groups shrink, grow or both as I move through the rounds. .030" is a big jump but it gives immediate results that can be fine tuned later after a long range ladder test for powder charge.
I like the bigger movements for powder (1gr) and .030" for seating the first time also. Definitely fine tune after

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts