Im sure it does. That mandrel portion would likely be set to a partial final size. I'd guess if you didn't run the expander or a mandrel after, your neck tension would be pretty high still. Let me know though. Im curious lol.
Yeah I forgot mine does have the expander ball. I was going to remove it but then my decapping pin would have to be removed too. Which isn't a big deal but I believe I opted to polish the ball which was normal sop for me. My growth was after the first resize, I haven't noticed any growth since then.

Yeah I forgot mine does have the expander ball. I was going to remove it but then my decapping pin would have to be removed too. Which isn't a big deal but I believe I opted to polish the ball which was normal sop for me. My growth was after the first resize, I haven't noticed any growth since then.
That's what they claim. They say after the initial growth, there won't be any subsequent.

That's what they claim. They say after the initial growth, there won't be any subsequent.
We'll see if that continues. I recently reworked some brass and initial set up for my X dies. Trying a different method than the factory.

Im sure it does. That mandrel portion would likely be set to a partial final size. I'd guess if you didn't run the expander or a mandrel after, your neck tension would be pretty high still. Let me know though. Im curious lol.
I resized (50) 308 win cases today with the X Dies. Yup the expander ball touches pretty hard. I didn't take it out since I have added a new variable about two sizings ago, but no new growth. And I annealed the cases for the first time. I did a poor job annealing but went ahead and sized the cases. I'll see if the they shoot well and try for a better annealing job the next time.

I resized (50) 308 win cases today with the X Dies. Yup the expander ball touches pretty hard. I didn't take it out since I have added a new variable about two sizings ago, but no new growth. And I annealed the cases for the first time. I did a poor job annealing but went ahead and sized the cases. I'll see if the they shoot well and try for a better annealing job the next time.
Sounds great!

It's a very noticeable difference with a mandrel compared to just stainless steel. I use lanolin based lube on the cases first when FL sizing, then dry tumble to remove the lube and polish the cases a bit, then dip them in dry graphite before running the mandrel through them. It's very slick that way. I leave the graphite on the necks too which helps the bullets seat a bit more consistently as far pressure required. The graphite also helps with preventing cold welding if not shoot soon after.
I have shorten the time to remove lube by just swabbing the lube out with acetone then running them clean and graphite. Much less chance of lube being caught in shoulder area and not removed in tumble. Just my belt suspenders approach.