Vets and 1st Responders

Off topic but what in hel are SSN's still being used? I would demand my congressional rep to get this rectified just like Medicare cards used to be SSN but now a random number character code.
I won't be holding my breath. I've spent a lot of time on the phone with different governmental agencies. I've had enough.

That is my point, congressional reps are ALWAYS looking for atta boys for helping out vets for feel good PR with their constituents. I would point out Medicare change and demand same level personal data security as afforded to Medicare for veterans. I will bet you will get attention since this would be cross aisle support.

Government agencies can do nothing, will do nothing, will not initiate anything. Only Congress can require this change.

I truly believe it can be done especially now with mid terms coming up. Everybody wants a positive PR for their campaign brochure!

Apology for hi jack!

I want to make it clear that we don't offer the discount to service men and 1st responders because we think they need our help financially. We offer it as a gift out of respect for the job they do or have done. I don't care what their monetary compensation is or was. We added 1st responders during the leftist riots and calls for eliminating the police. Then comes this pandemic crap and the torture that our medical professionals have been put through by our gov in order to keep their jobs. We just want our gift to go to who we want to give it to.

We will see if IT can implement my idea or not. It will have cost up front but if it works will not add labor cost to us.
That's what I thought all along , some folks just don't understand . When I show respect too a Veteran I have in mind too all of those that gave the ultimate sacrifice . I'll never forget 9-11,we were at the training tower then sent back too the station too be on high alert . That was a real bad day for first responders , it gives me a hollow feeling in my gut too think about it . Once again My hat is off too Hammer bullets and everyone that that shows that respect , it's not about the green back dollar.

I want to make it clear that we don't offer the discount to service men and 1st responders because we think they need our help financially. We offer it as a gift out of respect for the job they do or have done. I don't care what their monetary compensation is or was. We added 1st responders during the leftist riots and calls for eliminating the police. Then comes this pandemic crap and the torture that our medical professionals have been put through by our gov in order to keep their jobs. We just want our gift to go to who we want to give it to.

We will see if IT can implement my idea or not. It will have cost up front but if it works will not add labor cost to us.
So it includes medical professionals too? That's awesome. Only a few companies do that.

That's what I thought all along , some folks just don't understand . When I show respect too a Veteran I have in mind too all of those that gave the ultimate sacrifice . I'll never forget 9-11,we were at the training tower then sent back too the station too be on high alert . That was a real bad day for first responders , it gives me a hollow feeling in my gut too think about it . Once again My hat is off too Hammer bullets and everyone that that shows that respect , it's not about the green back dollar.

Exactly. Some don't get that.

Here's some "Captains" for ya...

https://transparentcalifornia.com/salaries/search/?q=Captain

Public service pays well...very well most of the time. Benefits alone are unmatched in private industry.

You can call it fake news all you want, I really don't care what you believe. ✌️

I don't know anything about first responder pay in my area, but I don't thing ANY of my Roanoke County refuse truck drivers make $165,000 with OT!

Off topic but what in hel are SSN's still being used? I would demand my congressional rep to get this rectified just like Medicare cards used to be SSN but now a random number character code.
At least they finally stopped using them on military ID's. It's a DoD ID number now, that's still unique to each person, but at least not as potentially damaging as using your SSN.

That is my point, congressional reps are ALWAYS looking for atta boys for helping out vets for feel good PR with their constituents. I would point out Medicare change and demand same level personal data security as afforded to Medicare for veterans. I will bet you will get attention since this would be cross aisle support.

Government agencies can do nothing, will do nothing, will not initiate anything. Only Congress can require this change.

I truly believe it can be done especially now with mid terms coming up. Everybody wants a positive PR for their campaign brochure!

Apology for hi jack!
Personally I think they make Medicare so difficult to navigate that the stress will kill the recipient. dealing with them has taken years off my life.

Steve, that's just plain class, and as a 38-year veteran and first responder, we greatly appreciate your gesture. I'm sorry some comments on here have gotten a little ****y and off target. Thanks again, you have a solid company and a caring disposition.

It would be interesting to see what percentage of customers at say EuroOptic are vets/responders. They do require credentials and save it in your customer profile. I wonder if the percentages bare out. The discount is much appreciated by the way!
I know for me personally the sites that make you sign up through a portal and send in your credentials I hardly ever do because they are a pain in the A#$ to navigate and most of the times are glitchy. I have spent over 45min on them and still never get them to work. So now I just ignore them because its not worth my time. The the way RockyMtnMT is doing his discount is much appreciated by me. It might seem out of balance the numbers he gave above but you must remember good percentage of vets hunt or shoot or both as do most LEO's and a good number of First responders, more so than not. I would venture to say about 75% of them at least take part in our shooting sports.
Then you must remember we have a very huge influx of new veterans since Desert Storm, way more than we did from the period after the Vietnam Vets up to Desert Storm. So there are a lot of vets out there. Just because only 7% of the public are vets it doesn't mean its linear to the shooting sports. Its just like if you took a poll on the number of registered Dem voters in say Ca. that hunted and then did the same for registered Republican voters in Ca. the numbers would come out different.
I know 33% sounds like a lot given that only 7% of the population are vets but in reality I would say the percentage of people misusing the discount is actually really small. Any way it goes Im sure I can speak for all Vets and First Responders that RockyMtnMT's generous gesture is very much appreciated.

Last edited:
I know for me personally the sites that make you sign up through a portal and send in your credentials I hardly ever do because they are a pain in the A#$ to navigate and most of the times are glitchy. I have spent over 45min on them and still never get them to work. So now I just ignore them because its not worth my time. The the way RockyMtnMT is doing his discount is much appreciated by me. It might seem out of balance the numbers he gave above but you must remember good percentage of vets hunt or shoot or both as do most LEO's and a good number of First responders, more so than not. I would venture to say about 75% of them at least take part in our shooting sports.
Then you must remember we have a very huge influx of new veterans since Desert Storm, way more than we did from the period after the Vietnam Vets up to Desert Storm. So there are a lot of vets out there. Just because only 7% of the public are vets it doesn't mean its linear to the shooting sports. Its just like if you took a poll on the number of registered Dem voters in say Ca. that hunted and then did the same for registered Republican voters in Ca. the numbers would come out different.
I know 33% sounds like a lot given that only 7% of the population are vets but in reality I would say the percentage of people misusing the discount is actually really small. Any way it goes Im sure I can speak for all Vets and First Responders that RockyMtnMT's generous gesture is very much appreciated.
My gut says you are correct. The percentage of coupon use has stayed steady last year compared to this year. I will look farther back. It will be telling if there is a proportional increase when we added the 1st responder discount.

Here is an idea that was brought to me. I think I like it. What do you guys think if we eliminate the vet and 1st responder discount and take the percentage of our sales that is going to vet and 1st responder discounts and donate it to charity that is for these folks? So 33% of our orders take the discount. I will have to figure out on an annual basis what the % of our sales is going to a discount. Then we just a charity, or multiple that we support annually. Let me know if you all like that idea or not, and if you do, I would like to hear thoughts on worthy charities.