Velocity predictions 375 Snipetac 450gr cutting edge

chw

I have at least 6 months before my 375 Snipetac build is completed. I've been trying to find some data on a particular load I would like try. I haven't been able to find anything yet.

I would like to hear your guesses on velocity the set up is as follows: .375 Snipetac Bartlein 12-7 gain twist @ 32". Bertram brass with 450gr cutting edge MTH bullets. As for powder and charge lets just say which ever yields the highest fps.

I have at least 6 months before my 375 Snipetac build is completed. I've been trying to find some data on a particular load I would like try. I haven't been able to find anything yet.

I would like to hear your guesses on velocity the set up is as follows: .375 Snipetac Bartlein 12-7 gain twist @ 32". Bertram brass with 450gr cutting edge MTH bullets. As for powder and charge lets just say which ever yields the highest fps.

I'd ask CE.

So far I've got some good help from you guys using ADI 2218 and Hodgdon US 869. I also remember seeing Kiwi Greg talk about some loads using RL50 a while back while searching but can't seem to find it again to look further into it. If someone knows the posts I am talking about please let me know. Still interested in retumbo because I have a good bit left over from my old RUM build a few years ago as well as couple pounds of RL50

I would like to narrow the powder choices down to just 2 because I know it will drive me nuts trying to find the best with 4 different powders to test. Which 2 would you choose?

Retumbo has to fast a burn rate for the 450gr CE its more suited to 350gr but R50 seems to have the edge from 350gr to 425gr. 2218 is just a little slower than R50 and seem to work well with the 450gr but don't rule out R50.

Retumbo has to fast a burn rate for the 450gr CE its more suited to 350gr but R50 seems to have the edge from 350gr to 425gr. 2218 is just a little slower than R50 and seem to work well with the 450gr but don't rule out R50.

Thank you. ADI 2218 should yield slightly higher velocity correct?

What charges would you recommend for the ADI 2218? Oh and I take responsibility for any loads I develop and you are in no way responsible for any recommendations:D

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.