375 Snipetac 410gr hybrid speed

Coercionist

With the advent of the new 410gr berger hybrid, I got to wondering about a project I could put together for it. I'm considering a 375 Cheytac improved (Snipetac). But I was wondering what sort of velocity I would get out of this. I am intending on a longer barrel (38"). I have seen some with the same chambering achieve about 3150 with a 400 grain MTH cutting edge with a 36 inch barrel. Given how the cup core bullets generally run a little slower than the solids, should I assume the new berger, with it's slight to weight gain, to run about the same (3150 fps) with a slightly longer barrel? I haven't seen very much data for the improved variant of this case so I'm kind of unsure of what to expect any and all information would be greatly appreciated.

If you don't build a gun already I'm gonna have a melt down
(PS that took way longer than I anticipated and you've actually started way more threads about it than I initially thought)

If you don't build a gun already I'm gonna have a melt down
(PS that took way longer than I anticipated and you've actually started way more threads about it than I initially thought)

Lol I can understand and I try not to flood the threads. I just use this for them as a way to gather new information about projects I may or may not build. For this, I was just curious about the new berger coming out and also wondering if it is might be used for military applications given the failed 375 enabelr and its 407gr solids. Glad to see Berger is making something the community has been wanting

Military can't use expanding bullets. The new hybrid will likely not meet Geneva Convention rules
Not picking on you brother, but that's not entirely correct, we (ok they, I just retired 3 months ago) use 215 grain Bergers in the .300 Norma Mag. They are referred to as a turn to fracture bullet, not an expanding one.

Not picking on you brother, but that's not entirely correct, we (ok they, I just retired 3 months ago) use 215 grain Bergers in the .300 Norma Mag. They are referred to as a turn to fracture bullet, not an expanding one.
That is true. I was thinking of the 77gr OTM in the mk12 spr as well. Also, congrats on the retirement!

I stand corrected. Just assumed it would be considered an expanding bullet. Thanks

I definitely see where that conclusion can be drawn, the 215 Bergers are one of my favorite .30 cal bullets for hunting. Out of ignorance a JAG officer in Iraq took the M118LR ammo (175 grain Matchking) out of circulation for a bit as he made the determination that it was illegal to use. He was rightfully squashed on that soon after.

Military can't use expanding bullets. The new hybrid will likely not meet Geneva Convention rules
Department of Defense "Law of War Manual", updated December 2016:

"6.5.4.4 Expanding Bullets. The law of war does not prohibit the use of bullets that expand or flatten easily in the human body. Like other weapons, such bullets are only prohibited if they are calculated to cause superfluous injury. 74) The U.S. armed forces have used expanding bullets in various counter-terrorism and hostage rescue operations, some of which have been conducted in the context of armed conflict. The 1899 Declaration on Expanding Bullets prohibits the use of expanding bullets in armed conflicts in which all States that are parties to the conflict are also Party to the 1899 Declaration on Expanding Bullets. 75) The United States is not a Party to the 1899 Declaration on Expanding Bullets, in part because evidence was not presented at the diplomatic conference that expanding bullets produced unnecessarily severe or cruel wounds. "

Recent Posts