338 snipetac???

I shoot 1000 yard BR. I have a couple of comp tubes which are chambered in 6mm Dasher. Simply neck up a 6mm BR brass to 25 cal, and then neck down to 6mm again part way.... ONLY ENOUGH so that it will rechamber. You have just created a False sholder. MY Dasher fire form loads are THE MOST ACCURATE LOAD I have ever shot. PERIOD!! My only problem is that I like the fit of the FF loads to be very TIGHT, so the bolt closes very hard on the FF case. This creates the problem of upsetting the gun on the bags during a fast string. I like to get my 5 (or 10) shots off VERY fast, and you can't do that when the gun moves around when you try and close the bolt. So I don't use it in 600/1000 comps. It is an AWSOME F class load, and HELL on prairy dogs. :D

Now, that is just me. It gives me PERFECT brass. You probably don't need to be so extreem with your headspace....simply bump the sholder a fraction more and the bolt will close like you chambered a factory case.

Soooo....like was stated above, load and shoot

Think i have decided to go with a standard 338-375 cheytac with a 32in barrel. I believe that will get me **** close to 3200fps with a 300berger or smk. No fireforming. I can probably get a 338lm seater die and have the mouth reamed out to fit the cheytac case. Sure the sizer will have to be custom but i believe thats what i want.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.