375/338 enabler vs 37/33xc vs 375/338 Snipetac or cheytac

Coercionist

I am looking to build a switch barrel rifle for ultra long range hunting and target shooting. I have my build basically put together in my mind except for the chambering I'm trying to decide between the 37/33XC, 375/338 enabler and the 375/338 Snipetac. I want to run this gun as a repeater so for all guns I will have to run the Cheytac action which I am certainly OK with. I know that the XC line of cartridges I have a .585 bolt face however the Stiller tax 408 action can accommodate that. I would just like to know how the two cartridges stack up against each other velocity wise. The small amount of low data I've seen for the enabler looks anemic even though the XC has less case capacity. Do any of you guys run the enabler? What kind of velocities are you getting I'm more wondering on the 375 variant. For the 37XC I've read people pushing a 375 grain bullet just under 3000 ft./s however for the enabler the first data that came out stated at 400 grain bullet at 2800 ft./s this seems a little bit low. If this was just low loads and you guys have gotten closer to cheytac performance that would make more sense. Then there is the standard cheytac and Snipetac which have beyond impressive ballistics. For those who when Snipetac how much velocity did you gain, did it help with brass life and would you do it again? Also how is brass availability/cost compared to each other? Any input would help

Last edited:
From what I've heard EnabELR should be capable of sending those same 379gr bullets about 3000fps. I want to do a 37xc at some point, I just think it will be easiest for me to get brass and dies for.
I'm interested to see what others will say

Im just trying to weigh the differences between the cheytac/Snipetac and enabelr. Is there actually a problem with mag feeding solids in a a cheytac? What other benefits would the 375 enabelr bring over cheytac/Snipetac. Im mostly trying to figure out the ballistic difference and what I can realistically expect out of the smaller case.

I'm not pretending to know anything about these two but for me what I have seen in the numbers depart it seems the EnABELR is like a 308 and the CheyTac is like a 3006 or 06 to 300win. Just a comparison I have in my head about the 2. I guess the question is how is the EnABELR doing at the extreme long range competition matches.

I am looking to build a switch barrel rifle for ultra long range hunting and target shooting. I have my build basically put together in my mind except for the chambering I'm trying to decide between the 37/33XC, 375/338 enabler and the 375/338 Snipetac. I want to run this gun as a repeater so for all guns I will have to run the Cheytac action which I am certainly OK with. I know that the XC line of cartridges I have a .585 bolt face however the Stiller tax 408 action can accommodate that. I would just like to know how the two cartridges stack up against each other velocity wise. The small amount of low data I've seen for the enabler looks anemic even though the XC has less case capacity. Do any of you guys run the enabler? What kind of velocities are you getting I'm more wondering on the 375 variant. For the 37XC I've read people pushing a 375 grain bullet just under 3000 ft./s however for the enabler the first data that came out stated at 400 grain bullet at 2800 ft./s this seems a little bit low. If this was just low loads and you guys have gotten closer to cheytac performance that would make more sense. Then there is the standard cheytac and Snipetac which have beyond impressive ballistics. For those who when Snipetac how much velocity did you gain, did it help with brass life and would you do it again? Also how is brass availability/cost compared to each other? Any input would help
Don't sell the Enabelr short. It can hit at 3 miles at close to sea level

Recent Posts