varmint rifle????

If you are going to throw mule into the equation too, Kirby recently posted some info on the 6.5x06 AI. What he wrote made a lot of sense. It is a very well behaived cartridge and has very nice down range qualities.

If you are set on a short action rifle, go with the 6.5x284. It has a legendary reputation amongst the Benchrest crowd.

One next question, are you willing to reload your own ammo for this build? If not - go with a 25-06.

If you are going to throw mule into the equation too, Kirby recently posted some info on the 6.5x06 AI. What he wrote made a lot of sense. It is a very well behaived cartridge and has very nice down range qualities.

If you are set on a short action rifle, go with the 6.5x284. It has a legendary reputation amongst the Benchrest crowd.

One next question, are you willing to reload your own ammo for this build? If not - go with a 25-06.

I was planning on reloading my own stuff. I looked hard at the 6.5x284 but thought it might be over kill for coyotes. if it's not then it would be my first choice. as far as long or short action I don't really care so much. wow too many options I thought I had settled on something now I don't think so.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.