Utah Spike vs Any Bull

LocalJW

Didn't draw any tags this year and I am looking into hunting Utah for a spike or any bull ALW tags. I wanted to get out and just see the country and hopefully animals to just learn their habitats and locations for future anterless and LE hunts.

Would you recommend going for a spike or any bull tag? Any other advice is welcomed.

I live in Cedar City, I have gone the route you are contemplating. It's crawling with people from all over the country, Did not do too well, That's my experience with it. If you just want to get out of Sodom and Gomorrah for the weekend and see some beautiful country, Then you can't beat it.

I would go to CO before I would come to UT. I hardly ever see spikes when out. I know guys that do well on the any bull hunt but they have years and years of experience figuring it all out. If you just want to get out and hunt something I wouldnt over look bear in the Sierras.

I would go to CO before I would come to UT. I hardly ever see spikes when out. I know guys that do well on the any bull hunt but they have years and years of experience figuring it all out. If you just want to get out and hunt something I wouldnt over look bear in the Sierras.
I'm more looking to learn the land. I've hunted Colorado 3x and been successful on 1 cow tag. I'm going to save points for Colorado and draw better elk units with deer tags same time.

For Utah though I am looking to just learn the country for LE as I now have 13pts non resident.

I'm more looking to learn the land. I've hunted Colorado 3x and been successful on 1 cow tag. I'm going to save points for Colorado and draw better elk units with deer tags same time.

For Utah though I am looking to just learn the country for LE as I now have 13pts non resident.
I dont know, I would probably save the $600 and just go hiking and fishing.

If your gonna scout and hunt,it may be better to spend a few days prior to season to scout.

If you are looking for scouting out limited entry unites you should hunt the spikes in the unit your Applying for so you can figure out where the elk are for future le tag. The any bull units are not limited entry big BUll units. On the spike hunt i usually see lots of big bulls hardly ever a spike there a lot smarter than the big bulls cause they get shot at by everyone

If you are looking for scouting out limited entry unites you should hunt the spikes in the unit your Applying for so you can figure out where the elk are for future le tag. The any bull units are not limited entry big BUll units. On the spike hunt i usually see lots of big bulls hardly ever a spike there a lot smarter than the big bulls cause they get shot at by everyone
That's my plan. Learn some of the country and access issues and terrain.

Hope you have some points built up or are very young and or lucky to draw Utah limited entry bull elk. Good luck its a lot of fun to hunt the spikes just to see the big bulls