Bull with crooked spike

Timber338

Check out this bull's crooked left spike. Thought some of you might enjoy seeing it. Been watching this guy all winter and now waiting for it to fall off. Not really sure how it happened but guessing it's from an injury of some sort ... ? Anybody else see anything like this?

Can't wait to see how the new left antler is going to grow in. He's part of a big herd that hangs out mainly on private property in the mountains west of Denver. I'll try and get pics of him as the new antler grows, but the herd is typically harder to find in the summer months.

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 79
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 67
This happens a lot. The pedestal is broken. Next year I bet he has 3 or 4 points with a pretty tall main beam and a big dropper that hangs by his face with a bulbus end on it. I don't know why this happens to spikes but it is probably due the small size of the pedestal. I have never killed one like that but have seen several. I have never seen an old bull like that though.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.