Utah Elk Hammered at 395 yards

Wow. Outstanding animal and shot. Congratulations! We are traveling this week, but want to catch up and hear all about it when we get home.
My son was lucky enough to draw a Utah elk tag, and I was lucky enough to go along. Dropped him at 395 yards with a 199 Hammer Hunter out of a Flat Creek Precision Rifle 300 PRC. Great trip and time shared together.
View attachment 395325
Have kill shot on video trying to post, and will later when figure out.

My son was lucky enough to draw a Utah elk tag, and I was lucky enough to go along. Dropped him at 395 yards with a 199 Hammer Hunter out of a Flat Creek Precision Rifle 300 PRC. Great trip and time shared together.
View attachment 395325
Have kill shot on video trying to post, and will later when figure out.
Dangit boy that's a toad!! Congratulations to your son and what a great memory shared with you both that'll live forever.

Great bull and thank you for the video. That high shoulder shot just dropped him. I used 199 HH from my 300 win last year for a mule deer and my nephew used my gun to shoot a mule deer and elk. All our shots were on the edge of the shoulder and all three animals tipped over dead in about 15 seconds.
Impact velocities on all three shots ranged from 2500 to 2800fps. All bullets passed through and none of the bullets were recovered. I'm guessing your impact velocity on the bullet was around 2500 fps???

Last edited: