Elk in Utah

We put in for Little Mtn and Aspen Mtn for a few years. My sister got a couple cow tags but that was it. Now we're turned-on to the Kinney Rim area (next area to the east), no luck as of yet. Couple of my dad's work buddies got some way nice bulls out there the last few years :)

I have never hunted that, but a bunch of my buddies in high school hunted out there all the time.

Heading out to Utah, Three Corners unit for bull elk this Otober. Anybody hunted there in the past? Going with a good friend who lives near Vernal, and planning to horseback in a day or two early for some serious scouting. We plan on getting far off the roads. Any advise or places to stay away from?

Thanks

Was good talking to you and I hope you have a great hunt. Let me know how it goes.

Good talking to you last night also. BTW, what can I expect in temperatures that time of the year. Snow up in the three corners area?

Thanks

Last year it was cool in the evenings and mornings and still pretty warm to hot during the day. Towards the end of the hunt we had a nice cold snap and got some snow. I would take some of everything as long as you will be there.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.