Using an A&D fx120

david g ranes

surly everyone isn't using a 75 dollar powder pan what are you all using that has a longer handle I figured the unit came with a pan but it didn't thanks. David

Thanks for letting me know I guess I assumed it came with one. I ordered the scale and the V4 as a package, and I know the V4 comes with the shot glass, but Im getting them at different times due to the long wait on the V4… so I'll have to come up with a work around until then also.

Do you have an extra pan from a beam scale or other thrower?

Thanks for letting me know I guess I assumed it came with one. I ordered the scale and the V4 as a package, and I know the V4 comes with the shot glass, but Im getting them at different times due to the long wait on the V4… so I'll have to come up with a work around until then also.

Do you have an extra pan from a beam scale or other thrower?
Yes but with the top and shields on the side a long handle would work a lot better I am not going to buy the trickler set up just checking what others are using. David

Has worked for many years on many scales. I used the funnel as the handle, not the little flaps on the side, pour forward into a real powder funnel.

Amazon product ASIN B000N8QKUI
This was listed as a similar item, looks like the handle might be a touch longer:
Amazon product ASIN B07NHY9W3Z
I have the m&k pan I'll have to try it I just received the scales today it came on ups boxed in 2 boxes with styrofoam had a hole in the side that went through both boxes made the driver wait till I opened looked ok but still not happy how they treat things. David

CEproducts store has the exact cup/pan for $15. One challenge to using this one is that powder can hit bottom hard and splash out. There are different ways to mitigate that issue, but overall it works very well.
52191959-578D-4EC0-A013-E0831F71E96B.png

Also, it is relatively tall so be careful when lifting it off the scale not to touch the trickler tube as it may add a kernel without realizing. We certainly can't be off a kernel now can we?

surly everyone isn't using a 75 dollar powder pan what are you all using that has a longer handle I figured the unit came with a pan but it didn't thanks. David

I use the largest pan from an $18 SS measuring cup kit from Amazon. It is large and tall enough that powder kernels don't jump out, but the tube for the V3 trickler clears the lip.
20220402_093750.jpg
20220402_093733.jpg

Check this out on Amazon
ChefLand 8-Piece Stainless Steel Measuring Cups and Measuring Spoon Set Amazon product ASIN B004WMP03E

Last edited:
I ordered a second "shot glass" from Adam for my v4 and sanded the handles so they are the exact same weight. This can speed up your process by 6 seconds or more per round. When you keep the 2 cups in rotation on the trickler while loading 100's of rounds you can save a decent amount of time. Also keeps my mind from wondering between loads so I don't make any mistakes.