Using a tripod for LR hunting

James Eagleman shows a few tricks for shooting off a tripod for long range hunting!!

@Barbourcreek - James do you have any tips / tricks for shooting off a bench with a bipod? I see that this is what you do in most of your video's. Are you loading the bipod? Shoulder / cheek pressure, etc. Seems like the consensus is to load the bipod, but not enough to influence too much shoulder pressure?

Square shoulder's
Stock center of peck not shoulder
load bipod
Only pull into body so no gap body forward is all the pressure needed.

Awesome! Have you had any issues shooting lightweight magnums with a bipod from a bench? I assume this is where loading the bipod and making sure everything is square make a big difference

Report back please.
Here is a Review from a level 1 and level 2 student

Good afternoon, James:

Thank you for the time and attention given to me and the other attendees of the most recent Level 1 & 2 at Barbour Creek Shooting School.

Having attended five other branded long range shooting schools over the last 4 years, I put your content and attention to detail as the best learning and live fire shooting experience for anyone looking for a quality instructional environment.

Your method of reading the wind and being able to teach anyone - regardless of experience / shooting expertise - how to arrive a gradient of 1/4 minute wind calls out past 1000 yards is unmatched anywhere else in long-range shooting experiences.

Having spent four days learning your approach in the classroom, then being able to duplicate it on the square range or using life size animal targets with life sized reactive vitals is a learning / practice experience no other school matches here in North America.

We had a wide range of individual capabilities in the four-day experience and each participant came away with confidence as well as a solid repeatable method on how to improve on first round ethical hits on target at any hunting distance.

I will recommend the experience you offer to anyone seeking how to shoot better at longer distances....any distance.

Many thanks and I look forward to attending your schools again soon,

Jim E
Las Vages, NV