USGMP18MN 243 Win.

03Rick

[FONT=&quot]Thinking of ordering a USGMP18MN single shot break action in 243. I think it is the same model gun that Remington offered at one time. The price is listed at under $225.00 with free shipping. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]As I won't have an opportunity to see and feel the gun prior to buying it I am looking for help from this group.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I have read that I could possibility have to replace the week extractor spring, hone the trigger sear and install a scope rail. Other than that I'm hoping that all the people on this site will provide some input on the gun, how it shoots and the gun's general quality.[/FONT]

yots and mid range deer and antelope. I didn't like the exposed hammers on the H&R or Contender. I also didn't want to plunk down $800+ for a 700 if the 342 Win cartridge didn't suit me.

you can get a rem 700 varmint with a scope for 500 from dicks and others. that would be great for coyote, deer and antelope. i have no experiece with the rifle you mentioned. i have harvested some deer and over 250 coyotes. get a good gun they last a long long time. they are the cheapest part of the hunt

I think any of the following would be better.
Stevens 200
Marlin xs7
Ruger american
savage axis
Rem 700 adl

All of these would be easier to get to shoot well. I have heard or seen very little good about the Russian made single shots.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.