.243 Win twist?

ntsqd

.243 Win has always held a fascination in me, but I've never owned or shot one. It would be at least two project rifles out into the future, but this thread: https://www.longrangehunting.com/threads/is-the-243-win-on-the-way-out.242129/ got me to thinking more seriously about what twist to use. Conceptually it will be an AI chamber in a mid weight Palma/Varmint type contour, action/stock/glass as yet undetermined. Rifle would be shot off a bench or a bipod and would see steel regularly to 300, occasionally to 600, and rodents at any range inside that. Would want to be able to shoot the later high BC bullets and some heading towards the light end of .24 cal offerings. Wanting both ends of the weight spectrum makes me think that simply choosing the tightest in the barrel mfg of choice's offerings isn't necessarily going to work. I'm OK with the twist compromise meaning that it won't shoot the extreme heaviest or lightest weight for caliber bullets, but what twist would work with the widest range of bullet weights?

1 in 8 twist would allow for the 105 berger and some lighter offerings I am shooting a 1 in 7.5 on a 243 ackley and it will stabilize the 115 for lighter bullets I shoot mono so the twist works good for them also

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.