Users of the Vortex Gen III 6 x 36 scope

wildcat westerner

Hello,
We are presently building a rather unique rifle in .338 with a 33 inch bull barrel, a full 1 1/2" in diameter attached to a Kelbly Tactical action, with a barrel bedding block. I plan to use this very heavy weapon, when finished, for long range shooting both hunting and target, up to 2,200 yards. There is a competition at Whittington for this distance and I am two hours south of the facility.
Obviously, this monster will have to be transported to early morning and late evening stands where it will be shot from the prone or sturdy tripod.
It's the Optics that pose a challenge. I have fired as far successfully at 1,322 yards and competed at 1,000 yard matches. I know the scope will cost more than the rest of the rifle, so am looking for the correct scope chosen the FIRST time.
Two Vortex scopes I have, impressed me with their optical quality. I normally use NightForce for really precision work. Now I am told of a Vortex Razor Gen III 16x36 scope which is 34 mm. Is there a serious shooter out there presently using this scope for precision long range work?
Thank you in advance for any serious reply to my question.

I have one, haven't shot with it past 1k yards but have fired around 1000 rounds behind it. I've compared it side by side with my MK5 and ATACR and the Razor glass is definitely the best of the 3. I dont love the turrets but they work and the scope tracks. If you like the reticle, go for it. The razor won't be holding you back.

I'm not really understanding your question here, but I used it for prs and greatly enjoyed it, had another in my group that did as well. We did not have scope issues, I shot a 1200 stage on 12 power ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Imo the gen 3 vortex glass quality is only bested by the zco, tangent and he sold crowds. It was better than my minox zp5 which I previously thought was the best of the rest and for me optical preference I like it more than zco.

I sold mine to fund other fun uses for fall but will probably by another next year. For ELR work internal adjustment is probably pretty key, from what I remember the 6-36 has very good adjustment range compared to the market.

I have one, haven't shot with it past 1k yards but have fired around 1000 rounds behind it. I've compared it side by side with my MK5 and ATACR and the Razor glass is definitely the best of the 3. I dont love the turrets but they work and the scope tracks. If you like the reticle, go for it. The razor won't be holding you back.
Glad to see someone else with the same thoughts as me. I sold both of my Nightforce scopes after comparing them side by side to my Razor