Vortex Gen 3, 6-36x56 Announced

Piece of cake.
Post #2 "I'll pass at 4K"
Look online they are $2999 everywhere.
Your post #4 "in 2 years they'll be $599"
total ********.
Well when their website says that, I find that to be factual not fake news. Notice I didn't say street price. I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings but in full disclosure I own multiple vortex products because they are a good value for the money. I am not, however, a supporter that will blindly run out and buy their newest optic just because. I have a hard time believing that their product is worth even 3k compared to other products on the market in that price range but that doesn't mean it isn't. I will evaluate to what I like in a scope and make a decision for myself. YMMV

it's been 5 years since Vortex had a price increase. Name another significant optics manufacturer that can say that?…..OK, I'll help out…..none of them. You don't have to like their products, there are a lot of great products out there, but they sure get trashed with fake news on this site.
Why are you attacking me?

They raised their price on Razor Gen2 25%. That's not fake news. It's a fact.

The Gen 2 is now priced above its competitors... XRS3, XTRIII, Mk5HD, Cronus BTR, etc... And it's an 8 yr old design.

Maybe you haven't seen how much these scopes cost?

Last edited:
MSRP is set at $3999. Then end. Period. Thats is. Street price is going to be whatever the market ends up being.

MY special pricing is:
52FFDA3F-D815-41F6-B339-C6EDAE6ADB75.jpeg

Veteran pricing and most venders will get these for about this too. Venders will up charge. Vets will be get direct, until they don't have anymore..then you're screwed.

Vortex razor has been one of the most used entry level competitor scopes to date. Most of the guys that started with a razor are not amateurs anymore. Some are national placers in PRS. Looks like vortex is looking to get into the tier 1 market. Only time will tell if the juice is worth the squeeze. There are plenty of other good options out there as always. Markets breed innovation. That's how it's suppose to work.

According to ILya NF and ZCO should be concerned. That's extremely high praise on first impressions. He also said that if you had $3000 to buy one optic that would probable be it for him and it certainly belongs in the conversation. Looking forward to his review and seeing one with my own eyes.

I caved and snagged one, because well…as far as i can tell I'm impulsive with no self control lol. I'll see how it fairs next to my ZP5. Will have to put the ZP up for sale but a large part of the switch for me is the reticle.

Having said all that i really hope there will be a 3.5-21x50 version. I don't see the need for the ultra high magnification less the intermediate mag range just has a ton of IQ improvement over the 5x counterparts. But i guess I'll see.

Why are you attacking me?

They raised their price on Razor Gen2 25%. That's not fake news. It's a fact.

The Gen 2 is now priced above its competitors... XRS3, XTRIII, Mk5HD, Cronus BTR, etc... And it's an 8 yr old design.

Maybe you haven't seen how much these scopes cost?

They raised their price back to $2,500 which was the original price they sold for when it was released. They only dropped it to $2,000 a year or two ago I assume to get into the lower market share but the material price increases must have put enough of a crunch that they needed to up the price back up.

I was on euro Optics switching between Vortex or NF ???? Already Have two - Nightforce ATACR 7-35x56mm F1 ZeroStop .1mrad DigIllum
PTL Mil-XT C613 and Two Vortex Razor Gen II 4.5-27x56 EBR-7C MOA Riflescope.
Almost pulled the trigger on another NF C613
Seeing reviews on the new Vortex III got me to take the finger off the trigger
What do y'all think????
We have a BR, "F" Class and ELR builds waiting for optics.

I was on euro Optics switching between Vortex or NF ???? Already Have two - Nightforce ATACR 7-35x56mm F1 ZeroStop .1mrad DigIllum
PTL Mil-XT C613 and Two Vortex Razor Gen II 4.5-27x56 EBR-7C MOA Riflescope.
Almost pulled the trigger on another NF C613
Seeing reviews on the new Vortex III got me to take the finger off the trigger
What do y'all think????
We have a BR, "F" Class and ELR builds waiting for optics.

Did you watch the video? Pretty much helps you answer your question. ;) Especially for ELR with 36 mils of elevation in the Razor III.

I think my idea of a "GO Fund Me" for the Tangent Theta so Jill & I can get that scope for review will work great especially if we test against:
Nightforce ATACR 7-35x56mm F1 ZeroStop .1mrad DigIllum PTL Mil-XT C613

Vortex Razor HD Gen III 6-36x56 FFP EBR-7D MRAD Riflescope RZR-63602

Then we can purchase the new Vortex Razor III.

Thanks for all the contributions to this post and forum!
Just remember "GIVING" is a lot better than receiving!
Len & Jill

Last edited:
They raised their price back to $2,500 which was the original price they sold for when it was released. They only dropped it to $2,000 a year or two ago I assume to get into the lower market share but the material price increases must have put enough of a crunch that they needed to up the price back up.
Everything is going up it's not just vortex.