Vortex Gen 3, 6-36x56 Announced

Yeah, 2999 is the MAP.

They raised prices on all their other scopes, particularly the Gen2 Razor - almost 25% on the Gen 2's - which is extreme in my opinion. This is an 8 yr old scope after all.
it's been 5 years since Vortex had a price increase. Name another significant optics manufacturer that can say that?…..OK, I'll help out…..none of them. You don't have to like their products, there are a lot of great products out there, but they sure get trashed with fake news on this site.

it's been 5 years since Vortex had a price increase. Name another significant optics manufacturer that can say that?…..OK, I'll help out…..none of them. You don't have to like their products, there are a lot of great products out there, but they sure get trashed with fake news on this site.
Can you point me to the "fake news" part of this conversation?

I don't see anything that anyone said that isn't true. I hope your vortex bumper sticker didn't fall off of your truck in this cold weather.

I'm expecting that the street price will probably be quite a bit less. Vortex's MSRPS always seem to be quite a bit beyond the average price to consumers. But if they made a good step up with the optical quality then I think it will be well accepted. No reason it wouldn't be even at $4k
At that price I would look at tangent theta

You guys always educate me. This is an opportunity (or point me to another thread) - but what does the $3500 bump from a $500 optic to a $4000 optic get you? Nicest scope I have I won. For me a nice Vortex Gen II PST. Eyebox is challenging - but I have some 20 year old Leupold VX (something) 6-20 with target dots and they are great (challenging eyebox) to me. I was lucky enough to stumble upon a TT when I didn't know what it was - nothing about shooting through it made me say - OMG! If I drove a $500 car and a $4000 car - I could tell the difference - given, both would likely be considered junkers by all. Maybe I just have Old Guy eyes and accept my place in the world.

Simply said - I don't get it.

Can you point me to the "fake news" part of this conversation?

I don't see anything that anyone said that isn't true. I hope your vortex bumper sticker didn't fall off of your truck in this cold weather.
Piece of cake.
Post #2 "I'll pass at 4K"
Look online they are $2999 everywhere.
Your post #4 "in 2 years they'll be $599"
total ********.

Piece of cake.
Post #2 "I'll pass at 4K"
Look online they are $2999 everywhere.
Your post #4 "in 2 years they'll be $599"
total ********.
They made the $4k MSRP buddy.

Is quoting the number that they listed "fake news"?

Unless you have a time machine, you don't have any idea what they will be selling for in 2 years.... so....

1C58936E-10B1-45F9-B1AC-F4FFA30E192C.jpeg

You guys always educate me. This is an opportunity (or point me to another thread) - but what does the $3500 bump from a $500 optic to a $4000 optic get you? Nicest scope I have I won. For me a nice Vortex Gen II PST. Eyebox is challenging - but I have some 20 year old Leupold VX (something) 6-20 with target dots and they are great (challenging eyebox) to me. I was lucky enough to stumble upon a TT when I didn't know what it was - nothing about shooting through it made me say - OMG! If I drove a $500 car and a $4000 car - I could tell the difference - given, both would likely be considered junkers by all. Maybe I just have Old Guy eyes and accept my place in the world.

Simply said - I don't get it.
Fair enough. Keep your money in your pocket. Those grandkids will spend it on trash. :) :) :)

I'm always up for any kind of improvements. Just gives us more options. We'll know within the next 6 months if the juice is worth the squeeze. Vortex has had plenty of time to listen to the market, and develop the Gen 3 so I expect that the increased asking price is going to give the buyer quite a bit more then just a longer/higher mag Gen 2. Speaking of that, with the additional length and larger objective housing I'm kind of surprised they managed to make it 3oz lighter than the Gen 2... It has a lot more elevation adjustment so perhaps they changed out some components in the erector, or machined out a bit more in the main tube. They got rid of turret caps too which I suppose can make a little difference...

I've been really looking at it. Been looking at the sightron sv3 as well. Probably end up with the vortex. For target and competition. Would be really nice to have something that helps cut some mirage down, hear the sightron's new ed glass really helps but also heard vortex is maybe improved a bit. I have the gen 2 and been really happy with it but would be nice for competition to have a little better glass for sure. $2999 though, ouch, damit. Why they all gotta keep making cool new stuff

We recently bought a couple of Nightforce ATACR 7-35x56mm scopes for $3,240 + Tax & Ship each.
Already Have several Razor HD Gen II 4.5x27 and like them.
Wish I saw these would have got one. Military discount Vortex Razor HD Gen III 6-36x56 - $2,430 each + Tax & Ship
Well we do need another scope 🤔