Vortex Gen 3, 6-36x56 Announced

Just a few things
The price - a lot of chatter on MSRP and List but at the end smart pricing/shopping folks will be able to get a Gen III at a retail price far less then what some folks are preaching. With that we all seem to be cool paying the inflated prices today for phones, gas and all our other desires because of the times but yet some think Vortex and other manufacturers are not supposed to adjust to manufacturing cost that they are having to deal with today. Yes it sucks.

Yes the glass is an improvement based off the previous Gen III smaller scope with improvements made within the scope on light transmissions. This is noted on the comparison video between the Gen II and Gen III

I would like to add this to the comparison video as well that I posted last week on another thread as far as my opinion with hands on with both scopes.

Response
All in all a very clean scope, just to add to the video, the turrets as far as adjusting and locking are solid. I do like the single screw in the turret for fine tuning, also note it is on a angle that is user friendly for loosening and or tightening and does not require over tightening that some of us are prone to.
The big benefit when using the maximum scope elevation corrections - adjusting and squeezing everything I can out of the scope in which is the way I setup my ELR scopes and with the rev indicator operational in the Gen II was 28.5 mils of usable Mils period even though listed at 33 Mils total unless you enabled the rev indicator. Honestly not bad at all but - The Gen III allows you the full 36 mils of usable travel with everything running, thats huge. I'm very happy that the crew at Vortex worked on this project giving the shooter more usable travel and more magnification to be able to use if the mirage allows giving the shooter more ability to spot impacts on a steel plate as well as possibly spotting the misses in the dirt that their spotter might of missed.
The weight changed a little and the overall length which is minor but they really stepped up on improving what they had in which was a great scope to start with.
Cheers

There you have it

Yes we shoot the crazy ELR stuff, but I love the challenge using all the science and with the clock ticking and under pressure at the 1000 to 3000 and now into the 4000 yards stuff. It's challenging, fun and for the most part we have done well through the years.

Osoh

Just a few things
The price - a lot of chatter on MSRP and List but at the end smart pricing/shopping folks will be able to get a Gen III at a retail price far less then what some folks are preaching. With that we all seem to be cool paying the inflated prices today for phones, gas and all our other desires because of the times but yet some think Vortex and other manufacturers are not supposed to adjust to manufacturing cost that they are having to deal with today. Yes it sucks.

Yes the glass is an improvement based off the previous Gen III smaller scope with improvements made within the scope on light transmissions. This is noted on the comparison video between the Gen II and Gen III

I would like to add this to the comparison video as well that I posted last week on another thread as far as my opinion with hands on with both scopes.

Response
All in all a very clean scope, just to add to the video, the turrets as far as adjusting and locking are solid. I do like the single screw in the turret for fine tuning, also note it is on a angle that is user friendly for loosening and or tightening and does not require over tightening that some of us are prone to.
The big benefit when using the maximum scope elevation corrections - adjusting and squeezing everything I can out of the scope in which is the way I setup my ELR scopes and with the rev indicator operational in the Gen II was 28.5 mils of usable Mils period even though listed at 33 Mils total unless you enabled the rev indicator. Honestly not bad at all but - The Gen III allows you the full 36 mils of usable travel with everything running, thats huge. I'm very happy that the crew at Vortex worked on this project giving the shooter more usable travel and more magnification to be able to use if the mirage allows giving the shooter more ability to spot impacts on a steel plate as well as possibly spotting the misses in the dirt that their spotter might of missed.
The weight changed a little and the overall length which is minor but they really stepped up on improving what they had in which was a great scope to start with.
Cheers

There you have it

Yes we shoot the crazy ELR stuff, but I love the challenge using all the science and with the clock ticking and under pressure at the 1000 to 3000 and now into the 4000 yards stuff. It's challenging, fun and for the most part we have done well through the years.

Osoh
83C1BF47-F591-47C2-B344-3CFBE89E2B51.jpeg

They raised their price back to $2,500 which was the original price they sold for when it was released. They only dropped it to $2,000 a year or two ago I assume to get into the lower market share but the material price increases must have put enough of a crunch that they needed to up the price back up.
I'm fairly sure the MSRP has been the same since it was released. And it's been less than 2,000 for years if you bought from the correct vendor.

Not to be the fun police, but I'm pretty sure everyone is aware you aren't supposed to publicly post expertvoice / mil pricing. Literally every manufacturer asks that you don't do that - I thought it was common knowledge.

I'm fairly sure the MSRP has been the same since it was released. And it's been less than 2,000 for years if you bought from the correct vendor.
The Gen II MSRP dropped when the MAP dropped. It was higher in the beginning. I think it was around $3400 if memory serves for MSRP.

The Gen II MSRP dropped when the MAP dropped. It was higher in the beginning. I think it was around $3400 if memory serves for MSRP.
Thanks for the correction. It must have been more than a year or two ago though. It's been cheaper than that for a while now.

Thanks for the correction. It must have been more than a year or two ago though. It's been cheaper than that for a while now.
Yeah it's been a few years ago. The scope has been out for about 8 years now.