UPS went ABOVE & BEYOND for me today!!!

Deputy819

So, I ordered a Nightforce NXS 5.5-22x50 from EuroOptic on Friday (4-22-22) and was told by the rep that it would ship out today (4-25-22). Well, tracking indicated it would actually be delivered today! WOW! I was on-duty today and came home for lunch to find a 'delivery attempt' sticker on my front door. Dang! It said they would try again the next business day and that the shipment required an "adult signature"…..well, I'm on-duty again tomorrow so that's not gonna work either. I log into my UPS account and discover that I cannot change the delivery location due to 'restrictions placed by the shipper (EuroOptic). Dang again!
So, a couple hours later I kinda 'traffic stopped' the first 'Brown Van' I saw, but unfortunately he was not the driver that had my scope. I explained to him that I would not be available tomorrow for signature/delivery and asked him how I could get my scope. He said that after the 2nd unsuccessful delivery attempt that it automatically goes back to the shipper!! Oh, H*LL NO! He knew the driver that had my scope and called him up. No answer. I left him a business card with my phone number on it…just in case.
Twenty minutes later I saw different 'Brown Van' going into a subdivision and I waited for him to come back out (yeah, I know what you're thinking…Deputy819 is a nutball 😂🤣….GUILTY!!) I motioned for that driver to pull up next to my cruiser. Nope….he wasn't the guy either…….BUT he called and actually got through to the driver that had my scope! The driver in question agreed to go all the way back to my house and meet me there because 1) he HAD TO have a signature and 2) the package actually had to "Geo-Validate" to my residence when it was signed for or he would be in big trouble if it didn't….meaning he couldn't just meet me anywhere. Well, I dropped the Tahoe down into 'Deuteronomy' and headed towards the house! He beat me there and as it just so happened my wife had arrived home from work by then and signed for the package! Gotta hand it to the UPS guys today…..not only for going out of their way to help me out, but also for sticking to their safety/security protocols. 👍👍

Last edited:
Only had a few over the years but out in the rural areas they become friends
Yep….my 'regular delivery driver' always gives our disapproving, 4-legged doorbell "Norman" a doggie treat when he steps out of the van. For some reason UPS does weird things with their 'rural routes' on Mondays and it's always a different driver on that day.

So, I ordered a Nightforce NXS 5.5-22x50 from EuroOptic on Friday (4-22-22) and was told by the rep that it would ship out today (4-25-22). Well, tracking indicated it would actually be delivered today! WOW! I was on-duty today and came home for lunch to find a 'delivery attempt' sticker on my front door. Dang! It said they would try again the next business day and that the shipment required an "adult signature"…..well, I'm on-duty again tomorrow so that's not gonna work either. I log into my UPS account and discover that I cannot change the delivery location due to 'restrictions placed by the shipper (EuroOptic). Dang again!
So, a couple hours later I kinda 'traffic stopped' the first 'Brown Van' I saw, but unfortunately he was not the driver that had my scope. I explained to him that I would not be available tomorrow for signature/delivery and asked him how I could get my scope. He said that after the 2nd unsuccessful delivery attempt that it automatically goes back to the shipper!! Oh, H*LL NO! He knew the driver that had my scope and called him up. No answer. I left him a business card with my phone number on it…just in case.
Twenty minutes later I saw different 'Brown Van' going into a subdivision and I waited for him to come back out (yeah, I know what you're thinking…Deputy819 is a nutball 😂🤣….GUILTY!!) I motioned for that driver to pull up next to my cruiser. Nope….he wasn't the guy either…….BUT he called and actually got through to the driver that had my scope! The driver in question agreed to go all the way back to my house and meet me there because 1) he HAD TO have a signature and 2) the package actually had to "Geo-Validate" to my residence when it was signed for or he would be in big trouble if it didn't….meaning he couldn't just meet me anywhere. Well, I dropped the Tahoe down into 'Deuteronomy' and headed towards the house! He beat me there and as it just so happened my wife had arrived home from work by then and signed for the package! Gotta hand it to the UPS guys today…..not only for going out of their way to help me out, but also for sticking to their safety/security protocols. 👍👍
I've always had great service from my UPS guy I'm glad you received some of that same service Deputy but when the red and blue lights are behind you everybody does what they can for you I'm sure! lol I hope you'll be happy and your new scope will hold up on that SML I've been pretty rough on mine and it's held up great.

My regular UPS and Fedex guys are great and sometimes bend the rules for me. Work at hospital, trauma center, and can't be there for deliveries. Have Ring and can sometimes talk to them. UPS had a delivery from Maker's for me and came back late because he knew I'd need my whiskey!!

Awesome. I like my brown truck drivers too. Only had a few over the years but out in the rural areas they become friends

Thanks

Buck
So do we! We've had the same driver for years. They become very trustworthy... as friends should be, and will do little things to make your delivery more convenient.
We give our driver snacks or even "to go" meals and drinks after a long days.

Glad it worked out and congrats on your new scope ! My UPS guy was great and would call when he had something for me if I wasn't there and leave it with my retired always home neighbor. I gave him plenty of elk and deer meat which he loved but unfortunately he got transferred. New guy is kind of a dud.

Yes, LOVE UPS. They are my most reliable. Only once, was I disappointed. I was waiting on a very important package, and knew what time the driver usually passes, so I am standing in my driveway (rural area), and sure enough here comes BIG BROWN!! I step into the street, only to realize it wasn't the regular driver, but a temp replacement driver. He slows down, and as he approaches, I say "You have one for me?" He replies , "I'll drop it off on my way back". I live in the middle of a dead-end road, so I had to wait until he went to the end of the road to make his deliveries, turn around and come back about 20 minutes later. I was no longer waiting there, so he had to park there and walk up the driveway to my house to put it by the door, taking several minutes from his obviously busy schedule. Maybe next time he'll drop it off if he sees me standing there.
My regular driver is good-as-gold, and goes out of his way to stop and shoot the bull for a minute or two. Some employees love their job, others not so much.

Last edited: