Chris and me went bear huntin'

Re: Chris and me went bear huntin\'

Good hunting to all....And here am I, stuck in Illnoise dodging the really bad weather
frown.gif

db

Hi Dave, Edmonton, now thats a trip down memory lane,, Barry T's, Goose Looneys, Esmereldas, Rusty's.. ha,, hell last time i was there i was on RnR.. and was a hard chargin airborn dude.. sure as hell wasn't huntin deer or bear.. pussycats spring to mind.. have a good trip mate,, stay safe.. Pete

Dave/Chris
Let us see the photos as soon as you are back?
APB

Hey guys- We're back!!!!!!
Dave's got the pic's so he'll post them later. And him/I will tell the whole story after some sleep!
But to sum it up- I shot a 21" bear that squared over 7' and weighed about 450-475 on the first night. Second night Dave shot a really nice 5-51/2' and then I took a second bear about the size of Dave's.
Ian- as far as shot placement goes- How's right between the eyes? **** MatchKing(
wink.gif
)kinda made it hard to measure the skull!!!
shocked.gif

Anyhow more later!!!

That was a "picture perfect shot"!

How far was the shot?

Congrats!

The shot was a super ultra longrange once in a lifetime shot of ...... are you ready for this......are you siting down.....

13 yards!!!!
grin.gif

I'm home!!!

Survived the trip and had a great time except when I nearly drown in the muskeg doing the "snow gator".

Final score as Chris mentioned; Dave and Chris - 3, bears -0

Hear are a few picts.

Here's Main Camp as we were packing to leave.

MainCamp.JPG

Here's our host, Vern Mochid at spike camp... this is the cleanest I saw him so it's an unusual picture.

Vern-spikecamp.JPG

This is Chris just after arriving at Spike Camp. It was a 3 hour ride through thawing muskeg, lots of "get off and push/pull" to make it.

Chris-at-spike-2.JPG

Here's Chris, me and a very dead bear. Chris's first bear!

Chris-Dave-bear.JPG

Picture of the bear the next morning.

Chris-Bear-Rifle.JPG

and another from the night before.

Chris-bear-1.JPG

Little comparison pict, $5 Canadian and the hole a 308 makes in a bear's head.

Mushhead-hole.JPG

Here's a picture of Steve, our cook, sitting on a septarian nodule we played with for a while.

Steve-septariannodule.JPG

LOL!! Loooks like you had a great time!

Now Chris... those speedgoat won't hold up as well with those kinda shots....

albeit.. you have set the bar with a head shot...

That bear doesnt have a hole in each paw too does it
grin.gif

Nice to se another believer in an inch high and all the way through.Effective,doesnt waste any meat and you stay on top of the food chain
wink.gif

The skull should make a great conversation piece for years to come.

The second bear was a quartering away shot while he was laying down at the bait after a short stand off between him and me at 20-30 feet. MatchKing went through both lungs, heart and demolished off side shoulder. Almost kinda like I planned it that way...
wink.gif
Bear rolled over once and was dead. Somebody should tell me I shouldn't be using these silly MK on animals because why?!!!!
I know why...because they KILL things!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts