Chris and me went bear huntin'

Dave King

Chris and me went bear huntin\'

Tomorrow morning Chris Matthews and I are off to the Great White North to catch a bear or two.

Hopefully we'll get the bear(s) and the bear(s) won't get us!

Re: Chris and me went bear huntin\'

So how many hours is the drive?
smile.gif

I'm bringing a 300 WSM and I believe Chris will have two rifles, one little one and one "bear blaster" 416 Rigby.

Len, hard to believe but I'm flying this trip... Driving eats up too much of my leave time and I have an Alaskan Cruise and a Colorado Elk hunt yet this year to spend leave on.

Dave, I would consider also bringing some heavier firepower. Just incase you find yourself in a position you don't want to be in. **** happens.

Have a good Hunting Trip Guy's. If you are going to one of our Northern Provinces in Canada, you more than likely will be hunting over BAIT. You'll be shooting so close in, that I suggest the largest bullet for the caliber to give a good chance for full expansion. Most of your shots will be under 50 feet, and more than likely in a stand. The guns you are using have lots of velocity. Better to tame them back a bit for that range.

Chris and I are in Edmonton now waiting to be whisked away to camp. Chris is not the least bit excited about bear hunting
wink.gif

We'll give a report when we get back here, whichever one of us survives.

Dave and Chris,
Wish you guys a great time, sorry Chris about not getting that tape to you - just ran out of time.

Go high on the shoulder, slightly forward of the line that the front leg makes.

Writing this from Valdez, I really like Alaska!!! Will not be near a 'puter for a while.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.