Upgrading wifes scope

ryjess

I'm looking to upgrade my wife's scope, she has a Kimber 308 84M With a Burris 3 x 9 ballistic Plex I'd like to stay under 1000 bucks and get to 1000 yards any ideas?

sorry but with a 308 you are wishing. yes it can HIT at 1000 but not repeatable in the typical hunters hands.
(mil calls the 308 in a custom sniper rifle an 800 yard gun)
realistically a 30 mm 4.5-10x lue/nightforce
maybe a variable to 16 or 20
navy seals on ther AI 300 win mags with 1200 yd accuracy used a 5.5-22x
my big suggestion is a bigger tube with a name brand scope

offer him your 1000

what is your primary concern? low light capability or repeatability with dialing in your shots? Also, like the other poster said, consistent accuracy at 1000 yds with that kimber is very optimistic

what is your primary concern? low light capability or repeatability with dialing in your shots? Also, like the other poster said, consistent accuracy at 1000 yds with that kimber is very optimistic
Well repeatability Is always important And as much light as we can get for the money, just want the scope to be capable of 1000 I know what the 308 will do she likely will never shoot 1000 except for novelty at the range Or a shot at a predator…. What millimeter tube is the shv, Is it by 42 or by 50

Well repeatability Is always important And as much light as we can get for the money, just want the scope to be capable of 1000 I know what the 308 will do she likely will never shoot 1000 except for novelty at the range Or a shot at a predator…. What millimeter tube is the shv, Is it by 42 or by 50
On my bad it's right in his add thanks

Do not let anyone, including myself, persuade you from your goal. Good luck and have fun with it, esp. with the wife.

Given that she has a Kimber, I'd keep it light like a Leupold VX5 or better a Vortex Viper LHT FFP 4.5-22. For slightly less, but more weight the PST Gen 2 3-15x.

PRICE wise a good used 8.5-25 30 mm tube long range scope is good. down side for short range is the min 8.5.
excellent scope,* the nf 5.5-22 is better but weighs more