Ultimate Sheep Rifle Build

Just my opinion,
A sheep isn't much different in size than a deer 🦌
As much hate as the 6.5creedmoor gets for being used as a big game cartridge alot of deer fall to it every year to the average red neck sitting on food plots. For weight/recoil I wouldn't over look the 6.5creedmoor and it's older cousins. (260 rem, 6.5x55swd). If you really want more you can go to either the 6.5x284 or 6.5PRC. (also you could do it on a med/XM length action to be 2-3oz away from short action and actually be lighter by using a 22" barrel and a slightly faster burning powder.
Example:
Use xm length action
Use 22" barrel
Use 65cm/260 rem bullet class 127LRX/143ELDX
Use 6.5x284/6.5prc with 4831/7828 class of powder instead of the h1000/Re26 powders.
This makes it easier to find powder, the rifle is lighter and you can still get good velocity from a 22" barrel.

Just my 2¢

I just picked up a 6# proof ,anti x,419 break,TT, 24'' with break.Im really liking the handiness,6.5 prc

I haven't quite gotten the load I want yet. I was able to get 2800 with 200 Eldx and RL19, but the temp sensitivity was terrible. Saw the velocity drop about 100 fps between 50 degrees and 0 degrees. Not good enough for a LR hunting rifle.

Then tried 178 eldx with N560 and got 2960 fps. But again, extreme temp sensitivity and high SDs with low temps in single digits.

Guess I will try H4350 next. I'm done with the temp sensitive powders.

What powder was he using to get the 178 over 3000?
im running 64.5gr H4350 (my max load) and getting consisting velocities from 2915-2920fps and H4350 is temp stabile. I honestly cant see a 178gr getting 3050fps with H100V at 64.5gr as I've had mine up to 66gr and only getting 2960 but accuracy dropped off.
I even tried some PVA 178gr monolithic cayugas and jammed 68gr of H100V and was just seeing 3030fps but accuracy wasn't there.

Here's our latest rifle for the Wild Sheep Society of British Columbia Dave "BiG BoaR" Marsh memorial donation rifle, built by Gary Flach,

Dave was the creator of the "Sheep Hunting" forum on Facebook, he sadly passed away while on a hunting trip a few years back, prior to his passing he called me and asked if I would be willing to donate something to the WSS of BC to raise funds for the conservation of Wild Sheep in British Columbia, Gladly.....so after discussing the idea with our great friend and Gunsmith Gary Flach he was all over building a rifle to help out, Dave passed away that fall and never got to see the 1st Donation rifle we built so we have donated a rifle yearly in his memory.
Respectfully..........

Defiance anTi XM action, chambered in 6.5 PRC, 22 inch 1-8 twist Lite Hunter Contour HC Armoury CF wrapped barrel, Custom built 1.5" side port alloy brake added for a 23.5" OAL barrel, Wildcat UL CF stock with neg comb and palm swell added by Gary, Defiance Alloy XM bottom metal, Cobalt Cerakote on all metal surfaces, topped with Talleys and a Leupold VX3i 4.5-14x40 ZL-CDS scope, 7lbs 5.5oz scoped weight.

Here's our latest rifle for the Wild Sheep Society of British Columbia Dave "BiG BoaR" Marsh memorial donation rifle, built by Gary Flach,

Dave was the creator of the "Sheep Hunting" forum on Facebook, he sadly passed away while on a hunting trip a few years back, prior to his passing he called me and asked if I would be willing to donate something to the WSS of BC to raise funds for the conservation of Wild Sheep in British Columbia, Gladly.....so after discussing the idea with our great friend and Gunsmith Gary Flach he was all over building a rifle to help out, Dave passed away that fall and never got to see the 1st Donation rifle we built so we have donated a rifle yearly in his memory.
Respectfully..........

Defiance anTi XM action, chambered in 6.5 PRC, 22 inch 1-8 twist Lite Hunter Contour HC Armoury CF wrapped barrel, Custom built 1.5" side port alloy brake added for a 23.5" OAL barrel, Wildcat UL CF stock with neg comb and palm swell added by Gary, Defiance Alloy XM bottom metal, Cobalt Cerakote on all metal surfaces, topped with Talleys and a Leupold VX3i 4.5-14x40 ZL-CDS scope, 7lbs 5.5oz scoped weight.

Wssbc is a top notch organization đź‘Ť

Here's my latest lightweight hunting rifle in 280AI, very accurate for a lightweight rifle with my handloads using Peterson Brass/210M/ R26 and 160gr AB
Defiance anTi action, 23 inch #1 contour 1-9 twist fluted Benchmark Barrel, Wildcat UL stock with palm swell and High Comb added, Triggertech Special Trigger, Alloy bottom metal, 5lbs 2.4oz on its own, 6lbs 7oz scoped with Talleys holding a Zeiss V4 4-16x44 scope.

100 yards

292 yards

Here's my latest lightweight hunting rifle in 280AI, very accurate for a lightweight rifle with my handloads using Peterson Brass/210M/ R26 and 160gr AB
Defiance anTi action, 23 inch #1 contour 1-9 twist fluted Benchmark Barrel, Wildcat UL stock with palm swell and High Comb added, Triggertech Special Trigger, Alloy bottom metal, 5lbs 2.4oz on its own, 6lbs 7oz scoped with Talleys holding a Zeiss V4 4-16x44 scope.

100 yards

292 yards

Fantastic!