Ultimate Muzzleloader......

Does anyone know if the Rem/Ult. ignition system does well with Blackhorn 209?

This is an .......... opinion only.

Short of some options, some large, I think that we'll find that its built basically as a cheaper Ultimate Firearms rifle. I can assure you this, an Ultimate WILL ignite BH properly, EVERY TIME, without fail. The ignition systems are identical.

Hey CHECK out remingtons new ultimate for no where near the price and it will do the same thing my freinds they will also put them in a pile from a 1/4 of a mile

Hey CHECK out remingtons new ultimate for no where near the price and it will do the same thing my freinds they will also put them in a pile from a 1/4 of a mile

You have a friend/friends with a Remington 700 Ultimate Muzzleloader?

If so, how about posting some of their long range shooting, say 300yds and 400yds.

I asked rem a few weeks ago. She said they haven't started shipping them. Guess she didn't know anything

Guys have been purchasing them here for over two weeks. Still haven't heard of, or seen a single detailed report of its long range accuracy. One guy said someone shot a small long range group, but no link provided, no photos provided.

I leave for my elk hunt in 10 days. No time I re invent the wheel. I'll tri my triumph and hope for the best. Using that old guy under the hat's advice and keep trying!!!! :D
He's one smart cookie!!!!

Just check around or go on the Remington site and look for local suppliers. They've been selling them............

I ordered mine threw a gun shop in Virginia where I live but now they say there out of stock and you do half to do paper work for it but look up Tradder Jerry's Roanoke Va. And call them ask for Kevin and tell him gunsmith kody told u to call him they can send it to any gun dealer near you. If you get your hands on one u will not be disappointed. Trust me but use a good quality scope. And practice my freind and give that barrel plenty cool down time it does get hot after ever shot

I shoot the 275 parker ballistic extreme with 146 grains of blackhorn 209 it creates even less psi in the breech as any other black powder like t7 its very low and holds sub moa groups well out to 200 300 and 400 yards and I am confident it will drop any deer game out to that range and then some the 275 and 300 grain parker extremes have done the best and will continue to use them.i also have been shooting magnum guns since I was 12 years old im a small stocky guy but if you can handle recoil don't shoot this rifle at its potential. It out performed my BP Express ultimate rifle it has been perfected buy remington plus BP express with 4 t7 pellets are black horn with a 300 grain sabot I can only get a 2100 fps and the remington with t7 I hit 2405 average with a spread of 39, the blackhorn 146 grains hits 2489 and im gonna tell yah we are experimenting with diffrent bullets and loads and after we finish we will do a youtube video of all the shooting.

Looking forward to some long range, say 400yd shoot'n. The BE's didn't group quite as well for me. Many seem to find that at ranges past 300yds, they don't group as well as other bullets. My next Parker bullets, will be the MH to try.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.