Two trippples

Elfego Baca

In the mid-70s I had the good fortune of living working on a ranch in eastern Washington.
Driving to and from town gave me the opportunity to spot coyotes on a couple of wheat fields/cow pastures.
One weekend morning found me checking out a brush patch next to a stock pond.
One coyote popped out of the brush and I got him with my first shot. Two more coyotes appeared and two more shots nailed one for sure while the last one ran over a hump only to fall before I got there.
My rifle of choice was a Winchester Model 70 in 22-250. The hunt lasted as long as a left handed shooter could work a scoped right handed action!
About a year later I found an ideal spot for the seven or so coyotes I spotted the previous day.
This time I spent a couple of hours before the trippple was complete. I waited for a coyote to clear the brush and enter the open pasture.
The coyote fell after one shot. I then waited for another coyote to make an appearance and about 30 minutes another coyote dropped to my second shot. Another 30 minutes two more coyotes appeared! My third shot was effective but the fourth coyote made it back into the brush before I could work the action.
So that was my trippple!

Attachments

• 3934064B-CF3F-4269-BFF5-6EEC3D19DE83.jpeg
    3934064B-CF3F-4269-BFF5-6EEC3D19DE83.jpeg
    573.7 KB · Views: 87