TV Shows

I remember The Riflemen and Wagon train.
I also remember the Beatles first appearance on the Ed Sullivan Show, Dad said there go's our country!

I watched an "Gunsmoke" the other day, cracked me up as it was the only programming with a warning label that cautioned material may be offensive.
I wanted to watch Gunsmoke. My dad won't let me watch it until sometime in High School. About the same time. I did watch combat too. Did have a color TV until getting married. in 1972.
I do remember the old black and white. Remember tubes going out. 🤣
Anybody remember Secol the sea sick. surpent. Can't remember the last part of the name of the show. That was in about 1952 or so.

Our first TV was a Stromberg Carlson. had first one on the block, so never lacked for neighborhood kids! Had the tubes in the back. Repairman would actually make house calls with a BIG carrying case of various tubes. Tom Terrific, Howdy Doody, etc.

As a young kid, one of my favorite cartoons was one produced during WWII called " Captain Cub ". As one might expect, the portrayal of the Japanese as sub-human, bucktoothed monkeys was evident!

Last edited:
Watch 12 O'Clock High. Dad flew these big bombers and was interested. Have most of them and Combat shows in DVR. When I started watching there were two networks NBC and CBS. Then ABC came along as the new station. We used to visit our Grandparents and beg to watch Bonanza before leaving not because we liked it, but because they had a color tv and it was in color. Going back to the tubes. The tv would go out and Dad would grab some he thought were bad and head to the drug store where there was a tube tester. Find the bad one, buy a new one, go home and plug it in and we were back in business. Good memories.

Watch 12 O'Clock High. Dad flew these big bombers and was interested. Have most of them and Combat shows in DVR. When I started watching there were two networks NBC and CBS. Then ABC came along as the new station. We used to visit our Grandparents and beg to watch Bonanza before leaving not because we liked it, but because they had a color tv and it was in color. Going back to the tubes. The tv would go out and Dad would grab some he thought were bad and head to the drug store where there was a tube tester. Find the bad one, buy a new one, go home and plug it in and we were back in business. Good memories.
If you enjoyed the TV series and haven`t already, watch the movie. Absolutely terrific.

Highway Patrol had Broderick Crawford and the boys ,taking on bad guys with just a patrol car, two-way radio, and a S&W revolver.

My brother and I always made sure to be home when Batman came on. Looking back now it was the corny as all get out, but then we couldn't get enough. The riddler, the penguin, the Joker and all the other bad guys. Never missed a show.
I was at a Little Ceasars pizza place in Billings last summer when an original Batmobile pulled into the parking lot! They were having some kind of promotion for the new Batman movie and he figured it'd be a good reason to cruise over for pizza.

I talked to the guy for a bit. He'd had the car a long time, like 20-30 years if I remember right. He said he travels all over the country to Batman events. It had Adam Wests signature on it somewhere.
Pretty neat!