Tune 700 trigger or buy Jewell?

Buy the Jewell.. There's no comparison from a remington factory trigger. You'll be so spoiled, you'll replace the reworked remingtons too.

I just order a Jewell for my Rem 700 today and it was $207 with shipping. This is with the safety and bolt release. Ordered it from Georgia Precision Shooting supply.

I've been told the factory triggers on the stainless steel Remingtons are much better than the triggers on the non-stainless steel models.

Since my Rem700s are all SS I can't comment on the others.

There are several web sites which very clearly state how to adjust the factory Remington triggers.

I think it really depends on how light of a pull you need.

The Jewel will surely be better, but if all you need is a 2 to 2 1/2 pound pull the factory SS triggers are pretty good.

Ditto-- I have three Jewells--One on each of my LRH rifles. I have some really good factory triggers, but they don't compare to the Jewell in any way. Once you use one, you WILL be spoiled...

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.