Tubb Adjustable Muzzle Break?????

mindcrime

Does anyone know anything about G.David Tubb's adjustable muzzle break?

While I am ramping up to let Kirby build me a .338 Allen Express on my CZ Safari Magnum in .416 Rigby I ran across this add at Gunbroker.com: so ya wanna shoot 1500 yrds 338 lapua mag : Bolt Action at GunBroker.com

Any information would be appreciated. It sounds like it might be a break that is adjustable for barrel harmonics, but I can't seem to find any info about it or get the builder to respond to my questions (even though I told him that I was *considering* letting him do the build---Fear not Kirby, you get the nod!!!)!

Thanks,

Jeff

DavidTubb.com.html

This is the link of DTs website, however most of the CF guys using tuners (which this really is) are finding that they need a minimum of 6-10 ounces of weight for their tuner on the end.

Somehow this does not look like it weighs anywhere close to that. Never seen or heard of anyone using it. Take a look at the Holland Radial brake on the Snake 2 gun, here under Gun Photos or Kirbys PK brake. the 338 Lapua needs a very good brake and I am just not sure the DT brake will cut it.

BH

Awesome---THANKS FOR THE LINK!!!

As far as recoil, I'm not too concerned. I shoot the same CZ550 Safari in .416 Rigby shooting a 325 gr. Barnes X to 2800 fps, and I shoot it PRONE to keep from busting my lip with my right thumb's knuckle while on a benchrest, LOL! I believe that I can handle the Allen Express without any brake at all, if I decided not to install one at all. I used the Rigby for Elk hunting in 2002, but since then I've been doing some ballistic calculations and while the Rigby has 6000 lb-ft energy at the muzzle and is equal to a .30-06 at 600 yards; the .338 Lapua, and Improved versions can carry TWICE that distance, maintaining the same energy. SO, since I have TWO .416 Rigbys (the other is a Ruger RSM), the CZ is getting a long range overhaul. :^)

I'll keep in mind the particular barrel weight that you mentioned, and send Tubbs an email to see how much it weights.

I hate to say it but....**** that thing is ugly.

And the installation looks worse with exposed threads (Needs a shroud like the Browning
Boss).

J E CUSTOM

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.