Trying to identify a “Swiss Mauser”

Tagging in because I've got a mauser I'd like to find a safety for but want to make sure I get the right one.
Don't know much about it except it's nice to shoot. Like to get the safety and have it completed.
Best to start your own thread. Instead of tramping all over the OP's original question.

It appears to be a Small Ring M 96-style Mauser from what I can see in the pictures you sent. These have one less locking lug than the M 98 Mauser rifles (two versus threes). They make excellent rifles for small to medium calibers, and I've seen some "maxed out"...I've never seen one in 45-70 Gov't until now.

Based on the stamping I see on the RH of the receiver, it may in fact be a Siamese Mauser...I'd work up a load carefully and see how she shoots.

The person that worked over that rifle did an excellance job. The safety, you can't or I believe you can't get that stile of safety release for mauser action any longer. while at it if somebody know where that stile of safety release is available please advise. Especially left and right handed stile.
The only reasons I change to Rem 700 action, was because of TriggerTeck triggers. The safey on the rem suck.
these are great sources for older Mauser bits...