Troubles with Lapua Brass . . . help!

I just put the mic on primers that I have on the shelf.

Winchester WLRM=.210"
Winchester WLR=.21015"
CCI 250mag=.2110"
Fed GM215M=.21055"
Fed 215=.21045"

If your theory is right, the only primer for you will be the CCI.

I don't think the primer is the cause.

Steve

I have a gunsmith friend and we will be looking at the receiver of the Savage as well as measuring cases. Knowing the cause is as important as knowing the cure.

I have a lot of Winchester primers that are to small for more than fire forming with, I can fire them once then use other primers for many more firings with no loosening. I had one lot of WSM brass that was on the snug side for Fed and the Win fit perfect in them but they sucked so uniformed them all then I ran 20 firings with feds but they would not hold a win primer again.

The area of the primer pocket is not supported by the chamber, if your chamber is that tight in the web you will experience extraction issues, clickers and need a small base die or open up the chamber slightly.
I have loosened primer pockets with way to much head space blowing the case back very hard on the bolt face bit you will usually have pancake primers.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.