Trouble with Nikon M223

If it was my scope and I liked it that much I would have just made a cover for it. Maybe the bottom of an Motrin bottle or anything the right size to fit over it and a rubberband around the tube would have worked maybe.

I have the P223 scope and like it pretty well. Mine has the pull up and zero turrets. I have never had one move after lots of field hours, but the do make noise. Some times I bump them and pick them up just a little and when the spring back there is a distinct metal on metal "clink" noise.

I have one of these mounted on a rifle and have had similar issues. At one time the windage turret was a full turn off. Needless to say I lost confidence in it until I came up with a simple solution. once I reconfirmed zero, I cranked the turrets up on revolution, applied a little white paint and let it dry. I then cranked it back to zero and with a fine pen marked a line so that I could visually see my turrets were where they were supposed to be. I know this is not ideal but it has worked for me so far.

I have a M-.223 4x16 on a contender pistol these turret can not be moved with out some real force .This is a Ballistically Matched scope The turrets are stiff and you know when you are turning them then again the scope is only a couple months old so time will tell.

Since reading this post I have used a friends m223 once. It was very stiff to turn the ballistic turret. Like not able to turn it with just my finger tips stiff. I had to get a good grip on it like I was opening a pop bottle.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.