Triplets

View attachment 86508 View attachment 86509 View attachment 86510 View attachment 86511 About fifteen years ago I picked up three nicely figured American Black Walnut blanks that were sequentially cut from the same tree. I used one to make a stock for myself, as I was interested in shooting the PRS circuit. That never happened as I was too busy with the front end work with the action business we had just started. When we introduced our actions, I barreled one of our Axioms and re inletted and bedded that stock to accept it, and have been using it to compete on the NALRSA circuit.
Fast forward to November of this year. My wife came up with the idea that I should build my two teenage sons rifles for Christmas... they've been talking big about outshooting me in matches, true to teenager form. lol. So I went to the wood pile and sorted through numerous blanks. It didn't take long for the lightbulb to go off. I pulled those two other blanks and went to work. I pulled two actions with serial numbers that ended in 000014, and 000016 to coincide with their ages, and barreled them in 6.5 Creedmor.
A mad thrash for a few weeks, and I came up with these.
Time for them to back up their big talk with small groups....
Joel, those are absolutely beautiful. But what would anyone except. Hopefully an heirloom to be passed to your grandchildren.

Joel, those are absolutely beautiful. What else would anyone except? Hopefully an heirloom to be passed to your grandchildren.

View attachment 86508 View attachment 86509 View attachment 86510 View attachment 86511 About fifteen years ago I picked up three nicely figured American Black Walnut blanks that were sequentially cut from the same tree. I used one to make a stock for myself, as I was interested in shooting the PRS circuit. That never happened as I was too busy with the front end work with the action business we had just started. When we introduced our actions, I barreled one of our Axioms and re inletted and bedded that stock to accept it, and have been using it to compete on the NALRSA circuit.
Fast forward to November of this year. My wife came up with the idea that I should build my two teenage sons rifles for Christmas... they've been talking big about outshooting me in matches, true to teenager form. lol. So I went to the wood pile and sorted through numerous blanks. It didn't take long for the lightbulb to go off. I pulled those two other blanks and went to work. I pulled two actions with serial numbers that ended in 000014, and 000016 to coincide with their ages, and barreled them in 6.5 Creedmor.
A mad thrash for a few weeks, and I came up with these.
Time for them to back up their big talk with small groups....
Jole: Those are absolutely too beautiful to use! Awesome! Is that StraightJackets on the barrels?

Joel, if the Hornady Creedmoor ammo doesn't shoot, get a box or case of Prime ammo. It works well in multiple platforms with friends shooting PRS shoots, and is excellent quality brass. BEAUTIFUL rifles, lucky kids!

I'll give that try if the Hornady fodder fails...

Do you finish rhe barrel channel and action inlet the same way to keep moisture out of the wood?

Yes. My stocks are completely sealed from any moisture, to include behind the recoil pad.

And to any of you guys trying to get on the adoption list, I am officially 1st on that list. I'm a pretty cute 50 year old kid so you don't stand a chance!

Steve

Lol

PApa Black~ I'm not sure I know what StraightJackets are...

I'll add that to the list, thanks.
I'll report back with results as soon as I start pulling the triggers. 9* here at the moment...
At least your number is crooked. Right now is 1 here. The dogs wouldn't leave the driveway when I tried to walk them alittle while ago

46D7C422-51FB-446F-A736-A538A06AFB40.jpeg 6004EB96-067E-4DA0-8D7B-5AAFAC30A5EC.jpeg 32CCEEB5-CCA6-4B8A-8E6B-D80009A86576.jpeg 6CBFBE67-4791-4014-958C-9DBC8DE876F9.jpeg
I have one on my Savage Weather Worrier .308, turned it into a 0.25MOA machine. These guys are miracle workers!
http://www.teludynetech.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Guns-America.pdf

[email protected]

http://www.teludynetech.com/

Interesting read, thanks.
I do not have StraightJackets on the barrels.
The rifle in the rear is mine and it shoots in the zeros at 100, and ..850" at 500 yards. I expect these to shoot similar to mine. If I have any difficulty achieving that level of accuracy, I'll take a closer look at that system.

View attachment 86792 View attachment 86793 View attachment 86794 View attachment 86795

Interesting read, thanks.
I do not have StraightJackets on the barrels.
The rifle in the rear is mine and it shoots in the zeros at 100, and ..850" at 500 yards. I expect these to shoot similar to mine. If I have any difficulty achieving that level of accuracy, I'll take a closer look at that system.
LOL! This ole man couldn't shoot zeros unless the rifle was welded down! Give Glen a call at the Custom Shop (207-334-7967). They are all vets and do amazing work and willing to talk to anyone! If you contact them, tell Glen " Black sent you"! He's a world of knowledge.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.