Guys like what they like... Triplets

I can see the break on 7mm Magnum and mane a light 270, but a 25-06 just doesn't kick that hard and can have a lot of gass going out brake making it awfully hard on the ears. I've yet to be on a varmint hunt that several folks didn't wear ear protection some of time.

There may not be any guns with too little recoil but there are guns with too much noise. I know I would have lost the chance for a shot at several coyotes if finding and donning ear protection had Ben added to the drill of stopping the truck, getting out, getting off the road and taking the shot. It often added a couple a hindered yards to a shot out pickup windoe from the road. Than void be a very expensive shot in some place I hunted the game warden, Sheriff's department and Judge all took really expensive exception to strangers shooting from vehicles on their roads. A couple left you walking with your cloths and a hefty fine as well taking your guns, vehicle and anything else related to hunting. I thing someone shot some of a Judge's cattle and trespassed on his hunting place.

I would agree, really not much recoil unless a very light rifle but i like a decent weight to my rifles

He clearly has good taste but I personally would need a box with all 3 types of ammo or sure as shootin' I'd grab the wrong type at least once! Assuming he doesn't take all three rifles at the same time?!

If I were road hunting (something I've been known to do in the past) I'd be wearing my Dillon Electronic muffs all the time. Out of the truck as well. These days I don't usually shoot anything (including .22 lr) unless I have plugs & muffs on. There isn't that much of my hearing left and I don't intend to lose any more! Too many jet airplanes, rock `n roll and guns in my past!
Cheers,
crkckr

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.