trip to range (first trip with g7)

Duane Waterson

Went to range with a few guys to verify before bear ,deer season in pa. I shot first @ 200 to check my zero on my 338 ultra mag. Then a friend shoot @200 also with his 280. Third up was a friend who went straight to the steel @733 he rang it twice then rang the small steel @500 using his gunworks 6.5-284. Next to shoot also went straight to the 733 steel and rang it twice then the 500. Pressure was on the for me.. Ha ha... This is a new rig for me and load had not been proven. Using the chroney numbers and BC. From 250 grain accubond plugged into g7 br2. I ranged steel and it gave me 13.7 moa. adjustment so I dialed my nxs and settled in. Here is a picture of steel after first shot using new rig and g7.. I was pleased! I need more time using the g7 because I still get confused when switching or setting profiles, but it works quick and accurately.

Attachments

• IMG_20141116_154318185.jpg
    IMG_20141116_154318185.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 98
Went to range with a few guys to verify before bear ,deer season in pa. I shot first @ 200 to check my zero on my 338 ultra mag. Then a friend shoot @200 also with his 280. Third up was a friend who went straight to the steel @733 he rang it twice then rang the small steel @500 using his gunworks 6.5-284. Next to shoot also went straight to the 733 steel and rang it twice then the 500. Pressure was on the for me.. Ha ha... This is a new rig for me and load had not been proven. Using the chroney numbers and BC. From 250 grain accubond plugged into g7 br2. I ranged steel and it gave me 13.7 moa. adjustment so I dialed my nxs and settled in. Here is a picture of steel after first shot using new rig and g7.. I was pleased! I need more time using the g7 because I still get confused when switching or setting profiles, but it works quick and accurately.

Glad you like it because I just took the plunge and bought one myself.

It is a lot of money, but if you think about how much you spend to go hunting, it could mean the difference between failure or success.

I should get mine today and Hopefully try it out on the next hunting trip.

I have a good friend that has one and swears by the G7s use and accuracy.

I purchased mine from Lens store on this site and dealt with Chris At the store and was very happy with the service.

I just felt more comfortable buying from this site because I know if there is a problem, Len will
take care of it.

I have not seen a single bad review about the G7 Br2 range finder and I have owned a few and read every review I could find about all range finders and this looks to be the best for my uses.

J E CUSTOM

I have been using one for a little over a year. Have it set up for 25/06, 7-300 weatherby, and 338 norma. If all the input data is correct the thing is amazing. A little worried about spending that much but after using it I felt it was well worth it.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.