TriggerTech vs Jewell

I have several CEs. I love them. All set between 8-11oz.
I still have a couple Timney 510/512. Not my favorite trigger either, and I have plans to replace them.
I had a couple Jewells that I did not care for, so they got replaced by CEs and sold.
My new build is getting a TT Diamond. I hope I like it. If not, a CE will replace it.

About 5 years ago I installed a 2 stage Huber Concepts set at 1.5# on my 300WM, an exceptionally accurate Remington Milspec 700. I will say that IMO, the Huber Concepts "physiological" design claims seem to have merit. As an aside, it does incorporate sufficient over-travel. With minimal use, very clean breaks for high precision shooting seems to become a thoughtless exercise. Also, the build quality is exceptional. I think the steep price and fixed settings limits it's broad use and popularity.

You will have to decide what you want or what is important to you. The facts are that the TT is more enclosed and thus less likely to get debris inside. The TT uses ball bearings which are going to be less prone to failure due to debris. The TT has very little overtravel where as the Jewell is adjustable. Fact- with almost no overtravel you are going to be slamming whatever pull weight you have your trigger set to into the rifle as soon as the sear breaks and no matter how large or small it will upset the rifle-period. The more overtravel you have the more dwell time and the farther the bullet will be down or even out of the barrel by the time the trigger comes to rest. Every fraction of a second will cause less momentum to be applied to the bullet. Every fraction of an inch in overtravel will remove some of the force you are applying to the trigger to dissipate. This will result is less upset of the rifle. If precision matters to you you should ask yourself why you will be very hard pressed to find anyone winning in benchrest who has a trigger adjusted to no overtravel. If precession is not top priority or you feel the Jewell will fail you and dependability trumps precision go with the TT. I personally have never had a Jewell fail. I personally have noticed my fliers have decreased with the addition of overtravel to my triggers. Again no TT for me.

I have several TT's, as well as calvin elites and various other timneys. I do not own a Jewel, so I cannot make a direct comparison. However, I prefer the TTs to everything else I have.

I have used Trigger Tech (TT), Jewell, B&A, Rem, and Timney. For dusty conditions I like the TT. I have been changing out all my Jewells to TT and I'm not regretting that at all. I have had one TT go down but it was due to an action/bolt issue and after it was fixed we've been good. I shoot a lot in dirty conditions and the TT is as good as I've found. All my comp guns now have TT in them as I truly believe they are the best out there. I'm not in a rush to replace my Timneys or tuned Remmys as they have been great. If I find I need a lower weight then I will get a TT.

I have both I think I would probably go with the trigger tech once in a while you can get a jewell that is Honda finicky But don't think you could go wrong with either one

I have 2 jewels, 1 timney 510 and a trigger tech diamond. I love my jewels and the trigger tech isn't on a right that is built yet but it feels every bit as good if not better sitting on that action!!

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.