Trigger tech

Excavator

Anyone have experience with these triggers, rem clone dropin's? Have a few guys telling me they love them. Just wanted some opinions from y'all. Hard for me to believe their is a better trigger then Jewell!

My buddy has them in two of his precision rifles. He swears by them. I shot a few matches with one of his rifles and I was impressed. Thats all the experience I have. probably 150 rounds.

Kane

I was impressed by the reviews and the price so I have one on the way right now. It will be going under the tree so I'll get back with a report on it early next year.

I just got one for my AR and Waiting for delivery. Love the theory of their design, so just had to get one. Just not sure I want to replace my timney on my LR setup yet...

I was told that the gun werks guys are using them in some guns. I wonder if that is accurate?

They are amazing. Completely sealed design. Great for hunting and competition triggers. Mine are set at 1.5 pounds. I have Jewel, Timney Calvin Elite, and I will only buy these from now on. The feel of a Jewel with a sealed enclosure and adjustable without taking the action off the stock, and hard clicks with certain ounces so you can set to exact poundage. For the price, they are the best trigger IMHO. My serious guns get these from now on. GAP is also using them now. They themselves told me just yesterday when I was swapping a rail with them.

I have tested several for Christensen Arms. They are easy to adjust and crisp. The only issue I saw was their first design for the 700 Rem (unit with a dull satin trigger shoe and safety) was perfect and would adjust down to 1 1/2 lbs. The newer design (units with shiny more chrome like trigger shoe and safety) would only go down to 2 lbs instead of the advertised 1 1/2 lb. I tested these triggers (3) on different rifles with same results. I contacted them and they asked me to send them in and they would change out springs for me. In a reasonable amount of time (Canada shipping) they sent me 3 replacements that had the original satin dull looking shoe and safety.

Other than that I give them the thumbs up for a good trigger that breaks crisp.

Jeff

The one I have adjusted safely to 16 oz. My initial impression is it's just as good if not better than the Jewell at that weight. I ordered another.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.