Trigger Tech Rem Model 7 Special problem

Bobby-Long

Hello all,

Just received a model 7 rem in 260 back from Pac-Nor barreling. Bedded the rifle in a factory H-S stock and took the gun out for a test. The bolt is rather hard to fully close when the lugs begin to engage. I had a Jewell in it before and it did not do this. Also had to put an aluminum can shim in to prevent the trigger from wiggling back and forth laterally. The trigger feels great, and is my first TT, but I am hesitant to put one in my other model seven I had done at PACNOR because the of this difficulty with bolt closing on this one.

What do you all think? I have not tried putting the jewel back in and checking for an issue: it is in another model seven in 308 and I don't want to take it out. Something tells me it has to do with the cocking mechanism in the bolt and the top part of the sear piece in the trigger and their relationship to one and other. Distance wise or physically, maybe these specs are different than the model 700 which the TT trigger was designed to originally fit. I heard the 700 trigger could be used in the 7 before they came out with this trigger, it was just the bolt release that is different. Just guessing.

Having installed or reworked literally hundreds of Remington and Remington type triggers over a 45 year period, the first thing I would do is remove the firing pin and try the cycling the bolt, another thing I would try is another bolt from a different rifle, see what happens
Will do, and will report back.

did you clean your actions lug area's there might be grit or metal shavings in there , once clean lightly grease your bolt rails I use an old toothbrush then make sure you grease your bolts lugs . I see no connection with your new Triggertech trigger causing your newly rebarreled Md/7 bolt to be so tight . Did you call PAC -nor ?, their reputation is Staller . I just installed my new Triggertech in my Md/7 Remington days ago , it's Fantastic, Cheers.