Traveling intyerstate with 50 Cal

Why then is it legal in Wyoming to carry loaded accessable weapons in vehicles ? Or does this ATF law just apply to Co. ? 🤔
This is a Federal requirement so every state HAS to comply with it. Which is why this is so screwy across so many states. The first line is the key component of this rule. This rule is just basic requirement that States can "add" to it which is why WY can allow what they do. I would also look at each state as a precaution. If you lock firearm and ammo separately, it is my understanding you are pretty safe. The main legal point is you are allowed to transport across state lines a firearm that was legal in one place to another place where it is legal as well. Doesnt matter if a state that you are crossing doesnt allow it since you are transporting and not using it in that state.

My understanding from NRA ILA: NRA ILA STATE GUN LAWS

This is a Federal requirement so every state HAS to comply with it. Which is why this is so screwy across so many states. The first line is the key component of this rule. This rule is just basic requirement that States can "add" to it which is why WY can allow what they do. I would also look at each state as a precaution. If you lock firearm and ammo separately, it is my understanding you are pretty safe. The main legal point is you are allowed to transport across state lines a firearm that was legal in one place to another place where it is legal as well. Doesnt matter if a state that you are crossing doesnt allow it since you are transporting and not using it in that state.

My understanding from NRA ILA: NRA ILA STATE GUN LAWS
Thanks Muddy !

When I travel to hunt west, I ALWAYS lock my gun case and lock ammo in another case. Since I am traveling in a pickup, I also separate the ammo and firearm from cab to pickup bed that I have a lockable cap. Plus completely cover everything up so not seen. When I stop, I pick a restaurant that I can park and have full view if vehicle. I have motels that I use where I can back up truck to room door. I bring firearms inside without ammo. Buddy of mine goes extra mile or paranoid, he places game camera inside of window curtains overlooking his truck with sign, SMILE. Not sure if I am that paranoid yet.

The McCure Volkmer act has safe passage protection when traveling across state lines. This is what the machine gun guys refer too when crossing several states to attend shoots.
1EECC1AA-2B7A-4A43-9957-A9207F6F8325.png

I love a good road trip but 4K in 5 days would be killing my back. Somebody would have to help me out of the seat at every stop!
Denver laws suck but the scenery sure is beautiful.
Biggest other issue I see is motels, gas stations, and restaurants. Smash and grabs are way more common than most people know due to thugs looking for valuables and concealed handguns in the glovebox or console, especially at motels.
Safe journey and have fun.

10 -4, stay away form california. My SUV 4wd has no trunk. So I am supposed to put my firearms in a locked case/safe. Then chain and restrain it by locks to my floor thru the chassis.
Lock my ammunition in a different location, also secured to floor thru chassis.
I might be exaggerating a wee bit.
Hopefully other tyrannical anti 2nd amendment states won't be going this route.
Yes he is LOL Our laws still suck but not quite that bad.

Well, 4,042 miles later and I am home with the 50 Cal and 200 pounds of accessories (ammo, powder, brass, projectiles, primers, loading press and several custom dies).......
Killed two pigs and one GIANT prehistoric Porkypine. I like what I bought and the seller was happy also.
Glad to hear the happy ending! Pics?

NO ONE will smash and grab this gun........{52 pounds) If he is big enough to smash and grab this, who am I too stand in his way. He can have it without argument.

This is a picture of the Macmillan TAC-50. Does anyone recognise the tri stand and clamp. That didnt come with the gun so I have to find one and it looks like a good choice.

Attachments

• 20190410_212448.jpg
    20190410_212448.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 61
This is a picture of the Macmillan TAC-50. Does anyone recognise the tri stand and clamp. That didnt come with the gun so I have to find one and it looks like a good choice.
Sexy
Looks like a Caldwell BR adjustable rifle shooting rest