Tracking test: Zeiss V4 Conquest 4x16x44 / Tikka T3x Lite 270 WSM

fremont

An older buddy wanted his last rifle to be a turret scoped "accurate" bolt action; his last was a 7 Mag BAR which wasn't accurate.

He landed on the Tikka T3x Lite 270 WSM SS/Syn. This was shooting 145 ELDx's over Re-26 at 3075 fps. Scope tracked acceptably well. 200 yard range which is also his zero. His aim point on everything other than final three "return-to-stop" was the top bullseye of the two at bottom. He's not the most patient guy in the world, so I really had to make sure he was locked up in the rear bag and front rest. I caught him several times lifting the butt up to lower POI vs. simply readjusting things where he didn't have to manhandle it. But, at least the scope tracked. I was worried because we sent in his turret specs (free turret offer from manufacturer) without ever firing the gun (what I call "dry labbing" it), because of an order issue then Covid.
05r2jQ6.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts