TMOA Reticle

BEEMAN

For those of you running the TMOA. How is it in hunting conditions near dusk and dawn? Is it just s opening in the cross hair or is there a Center dot? Tried a search on here but didn't find anything. Looked on Leupold site and there's not great pictures of the reticle. Also is the VX6HD worth the extra money over the VX6? Trying to decide between a VX6HD and a zeiss V6.

Sounds good. From what I see in the reticle pictures it doesn't look like there's a Center dot. Is that correct? Looks like the Mark 5HD has a Center dot. Is it possible to make a fine enough hold to shoot groups without a dot?

Sounds good. From what I see in the reticle pictures it doesn't look like there's a Center dot. Is that correct? Looks like the Mark 5HD has a Center dot. Is it possible to make a fine enough hold to shoot groups without a dot?
I have no problems shooting groups in the 2s and 3s. The "thin" reticle lends itself well towards target shooting in my opinion.

I've run TMOA with illuminated and non-illuminated and in the VX6 and the VX6HD.

Love the reticle, I think it is close to perfect for hunting. Not too fine for lowlight but not to heavy to prevent precision.

As far as the standard vs HD-- The glass is better on the HD and the CDS-ZL2 great and super easy to use!

No problems shooting right groups with this reticle. As was mentioned above, the scope works well in low light situations. You'll go past the legal shooting time before you lose the reticle in the scope.

Yes I love the open center - TMR and TMOA are the same in that respect.

The opening is pretty small, a dot might just fill it up!

Jokes aside, reticles with a dot generally have bigger opening.

You guys are making my decision easier that's for sure. I haven't owned a Leupold for close to 25 yrs. If the reticle, glass and tracking are good, it will do everything I need. How do the turrets compare to other scopes like a PST Gen 2, zeiss V6, Sightron, NF shv etc? I'm sure they're not like a NXS.

The scope tracks well. I had VX6s on a couple guns. I really liked the scope, but decided to run zero stops on all of my scopes. I switched one to a Zeiss Conquest as a trial and moved to the VX6HD on the others. The turrets on the HD track nicely and feel fine. I like the push button release off of zero. Overall, I like the Leupolds better than the Conquest.

Patton that helps. The VX6HD does have some nice features the Zeiss V6 doesn't have.

My son, who hunts and shoots matches with me, loves the VX6HD. I gave him a chance to switch to Nightforce when we moved away from the original VX6. He wanted to stay with Leupold because of how comfortable he was with the reticle. He's hunted with it in several places, including Africa, and absolutely loves it.

I better get one ordered soon. My barrels will be chambered in a couple weeks, and my EH1 should be ready by June.

I have a VX6HD with the TMOA reticle and I love it. The center is a circle and covers a 1/2" area at 250yds. Lenses are crystal clear until well after legal shooting hours. Matter of fact, they are so clear that I have yet to even turn on my illuminated reticle while hunting. I shot a whitetail this past season at the very end of legal shooting light on a very overcast evening and would not have attempted the shot with my old 2-7 vxII. Even at that time of day, there was no doubt about my shot placement. Tracking is spot on, very crisp and easy to feel. I am very very pleased with this purchase. Hope this helps you with your decision.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.